Chapter 3: Nuts

----------Don't be shy, drop me a comment yeah?----------

~Winter~

I can't believe this! I'm holding Asher in my arms, my very human, fur-less arms, for the first time and it feels better than I ever could have imagined. I gripped the back of his shirt tightly as I held him to my chest.  He smells so good, it's ridiculous. 

"U-uh, Winter? You're kind of crushing me to death here. Mind if I breath?" I immediately let go, and he took a deep breath. He looked scared, but I could sense that he wasn't scared of me. I had the urge to whine like I did as a dog, wolf, whatever, but I didn't. It probably wouldn't sound the same coming out of a human mouth. 

I settled for placing a hand on his cheek, staring at him in concern. "Asher?" He opened his eyes, looking back at me. My paws-er, hands-rested lightly on his hips, and his hands gripped my wrists. His breathing was ragged, and his skin was flushed with a light pink. All in all, I wanted to kiss every part of his body right in that moment more than I ever had. 

"Winter...if it's really you, and I am nuts for saying this...why haven't you, I don't know, hulked out into this...unf...UH, fine human form before?" He asked, finally letting his eyes rake up and down my nude body. What? Clothes don't come with the metamorphosis package here. 

"I couldn't. I don't know why, but for some reason, some spirit wolf or something came to me and touched me, causing me to shift." He looked grossed out after I said this, and I looked at him in confusion. 

"What? What'd I say?" He cleared his throat. 

"N-Nothing, nothing. It's nothing. Again, if it is you, I have one important question."

"Yes?" 

"WHY DID YOU RUN AWAY?! YOU SCARED ME HALF TO DEATH YOU IDIOT!" He hit me in the arm, his face turning pink again. 

"Ow!" I flinched, rubbing my now sore arm. I was about to retort when I got distracted with rubbing the skin there. I smiled as I looked at my arm, pleased. How human my arm looks and feels! It's wonderf-"OW!" I yelped again, as Asher hit my other arm. 

"Would you pay attention?! This is serious here! My freaking dog just turned into a model like individual, and I am losing my shit over here." He rushed out, his words sounding panicky. He started to pace back and forth, exhaling hysterically. "And what do I tell Sidney, if it turns out i'm not completely mental? Hm? She'll think it's some sort of prank! God, this is such a mess." He groaned. 

I felt hurt, just a little bit. This is not exactly how I imagined our first conversations as humans together, but I'll take it over being a dog again any day. "Asher, it'll be alright. I told you, you don't have to be afraid when i'm with you." Didn't he understand that? Nothing could go wrong if we were together. 

He looked at me, emotions tumbling over each other in his eyes. "Winter..." he sighed, "Ugh, you don't have to look so sad, sheesh! Stop that!" Huh? I looked up at him, my eyes a bit wider than usual. 

"I don't understand." He bit his lip. 

"That damn puppy dog look, there it is! You're human now, that should be out of your arsenal!" He cried. Oh. That. Heh. 

"I guess it stuck with me." He grimaced, ceasing his pacing and standing in front of me. He kept his eyes on mine, putting his hands behind his back. I smiled hugely, not being able to resist reaching out and petting his cheek. It grew warm under my touch, turning a lovely shade of pink. 

"S-Stop that! Yeesh!" He swatted my hand away, grumbling. I continued to smile. 

"Now, Winter, if I am going to take you home again-"