Chapter 6: Simply put

----------I am a worm, a worthless worm----------

~Asher~

"Stop it."

"But-

"Nope. Knock it off. I mean it, I will ship you to Thailand." Winter pouted, removing his arm from my waist and slouching in his seat next to me. We were sitting in the cafeteria now, which I had hoped would be safe enough.

Except for the fact thet every time a clingy girl or large guy passed by our seats Winter growled and his arm attached to me like a friggin leech.

I grumpily continued eating my food, glaring at the table. I guess it hasn't been a complete disaster today. I mean, I expected more trouble from Brent at the least. He hadn't made me miserable all day, which is nothing short of a miracle. I was still anticipating it, though.

"Sup lovers." Tyde dropped his tray onto the table sitting down across from us. I grunted, while Winter smiled widely at Tyde. I hadn't expected that, that's for sure. I thought Tyde and Winter would clash like wearing red and purple on a Sunday.

But, nope. They're like two peas in a pod, talking happily about the food and school and how I should just accept that Winter is my soul mate. You know, casual talk.

"So, Asher. Why are you not jumping at the chance to date this guy? He's great!" Tyde said, grinning widely. Winter was looking away innocently, but his arm was slowly inching it's way around my side. I sighed, giving up, and letting it slip. It's no use trying to deny Winter, I was slowly figuring out.

"It's more complicated than that." He pursed his lips, letting his eyes drop to Winter's arm around me.

"Uh-huh. Looks real complex there."

"Oh, shut up Tyde. Why do I even put up with you? Care to remind me?" I said, deadpanning.

"Because you're a five foot six pacifist, and need my healthy bodacious body to protect you."

"Right." I grumbled, shifting as Winter moved closer to me. To be honest, I had no real reasons why I didn't pounce on Winter like a blogger to their laptop. I had excuses, sure, plenty of those.

1: Winter was my dog, that's weird, right?

2: Would my parents ever forgive me if I acted on my sexuality, and got myself a boyfriend?

3: Was I really ready for the intense relationship Winter would provide?

I had only been in one relationship before, and two guesses as to who that was with.

"Hey, at least Brent hasn't been up your ass at all today." Tyde smirked, causing Winter to widen his eyes in alarm.

"Not literally, god!" I said, and Winter relaxed. Tyde laughed, and I glared at him.

"Shut up. He's just a little slow."

"A little bit." Tyde chortled, studying Winter.

"I am not slow!" Winter protested, realizing we had been talking about his mental capacity. "I'm faster than either of you, and I could easily prove it."

Oh, Winter.

***

The rest of the day went by smoothly, thankfully Winter had learned that growling wasn't actually a thing that humans did...yet. As soon as we left the school building, Winter took my hand in his, a carefree smile on his face.

"Winter, what did I tell you?"

"You said the rules are for when we're in school, and we aren't in school anymore." My eye twitched in irritation.