Chapter 5: Shake it up

----------Unedited bwaaaahh-----------

~Winter~

I felt like Jack Skellington from Nightmare before Christmas when he enters the Christmas door! (Asher watches too much Tim Burton, yes I know who that is) At every turn I was saying "What's this? What's that?!" although I was able to figure most things out. 

 When we first got to his school, we went to the office where he got a sticker that read "VISITOR" in bold black letters and stuck it to my chest. I touched it, fiddling with it as I glanced again at my shirt. He had gotten it from Sidney, who still wore her ex-boyfriends clothes around the house sometimes. None of Asher's clothes fit me, which he thought was annoying for some reason. 

 Aw, he's just too small and cute. 

 "Okay, Winter. Remember what I told you this morning?" He said, pulling me aside as people passing the office we just stepped out of stopped to glance at me. I glared at them before nodding enthusiastically at Asher. 

 "I remember! Rule number one: No talking unless absolutely necessary. Rule number two: Stay by you at all times. Rule number three: No cuddling or holding hands. (insert pout) And the golden rule: If someone hits you, or calls you something, go get some kid named Tyde who will handle it." I ticked off each of the rules on my fingers, none too happy about the last two. 

 Despite my sour face, he nodded in satisfaction. "Good, very good. Now, you aren't doing much today except sitting in before your entrance to the school is finalized. So just...behave, okay? I'm sure we can avoid mishaps today." He said, looking around nervously and sticking close to me. 

 Annoyance panged in my chest at the fact that Asher felt unsafe, even when I was standing right with him. I won't let anyone touch him, no matter who this 'Tyde' guy is i'm supposed to get. If anybody insults or lays a finger on him, i'll rip their throat-

 "Winter, get that look off your face! You look like you're about to commit mass murder." I blinked, looking back down at him and smiling. 

 "Sorry. Where to now?" He stared at me for a moment, blushed, then continued to lead me down the hall. He's so weird. 

 "This way, it's my first period." We arrived at an open brown door, the little sign to the right on the wall a word I couldn't quite read. I can read some, sort of just comes with the package of having a human mind since birth, though I don't have it mastered as well as a normal person would. 

 We entered the classroom, several people looking our way and talking to each other. Asher ignored them, heading straight towards the teacher's desk and explaining things to him. With a quick confirmation call to the office, he nodded and Asher and I sat down next to each other. 

 Everyone in the class was gaping at me, having no effect on me but Asher was pink and shrinking further into his seat, avoiding the gazes. I glared at any eyes my own gaze met, usually making them flinch and turn around, keeping their peepers on their tables. 

 BBBBBBRRRRRRIIIINNNNNGGG! 

 I jumped in my seat, knowing what that was but it startled me. I was getting odd glances again, and Asher had his hand on his face again, repeatedly smacking it against his forehead. 

 "All right class! That's the bell, signaling another day of beautiful Physics!" Oh. So that's what this class is. "And, we have a special new guest today," the teacher continued, "A friend of Asher's who will be soon joining us here at our school, home of the Titans! Make sure to help him to feel welcome here, you all know what it is like to be a new student." He clapped his hands together, shooting me a brief smile before turning back around.