Chapter 7: Sweet dreams are made of this ~Fin~

----------I am a worm----------

*One week later*

"ASHER! TELL YOUR STUPID MUTT MAN TO LEAVE MY DOG ALONE!" I flinched, exiting the kitchen to address Sidney's obnoxious screeching. Asher was sitting calmly on a pillow on the floor, smiling up at a red faced Sid. Only, there was something moving under the pillow, and I was pretty sure Winter couldn't give birth. 

"Winter, are you sitting on Cookie?" He turned to me, blinking innocently. 

"No, i'm sitting on a pillow. On the floor." I snorted, covering my mouth with my hand and trying not to laugh. Sidney gave me an icy glare that meant i'd better save her dog toot sweet or she'd kill me. 

I snickered, walking over to Winter. I raised an eyebrow at him, and he pouted. Slowly, he started to roll off the pillow until his weight was entirely off of it. He sighed, and we all watched as Cookie slowly emerged from under the pillow, looking dazed and a little...flatter. 

She hobbled over to Sidney, who was cooing "My poor baby!" as she scooped her up. Sidney set Cookie on the couch, where the little dog just laid there, looking sort of depressed. Sidney scowled at the two of us, putting her hands on her hips. 

I raised both hands in surrender. "I didn't do anything. I blame Winter." Winter whined, latching onto my leg and wrapping his own legs around it. 

"Don't hurt me! I didn't see her, I swear!" I laughed, knowing full he intended to sit on that dog. Sidney huffed, picking her dog up and leaving the room, only to say as she was walking down the hall, "You'll regret this!" 

Winter and I looked at each other for a second, then busted up laughing. Oh, sure, we'll definitely lose sleep over it. 

I pulled my leg out of Winter's grasp, but he just hopped up from the floor lithely to stand beside me, smiling. I rolled my eyes at him, taking his hand in mine and grinning back. 

"One day you're gonna accidentally kill that thing, then she'll kick us both out onto the street." He shrugged, his smile getting wider. 

"I'll be happy wherever you are." I looked down, trying and failing at hiding my blush. He tilted my chin up, smoldering me with those intense blue eyes of his. 

"Asher, can I kiss you?" My blush deepened, and I looked away again. 

"I told you not to ask! It makes it weird and awkward and-" He cut me off with his lips, abruptly kissing me and wrapping his arms around my whole body, crushing me to his chest in a good way. 

I shyly kissed back, surprised at his prowess in the lip-locking department seeing as this is only our second kiss. He kissed me on the cheek all the time, which I guess is to be expected. I was the one wanting to take our relationship slow. It's not that I didn't feel strongly for him, I just didn't want to rush. 

We already had such an intense relationship to begin with, who knows what throwing ourselves instantly into a physical one would do to us? I wasn't going to risk it. Not with him. 

Winter kissed me softly the first time we kissed, like he was testing out what to do. It was all the same to me, my head was so fuzzy with the feeling of being kissed by him I didn't care how bad he was at it. 

This time, he was slightly more forceful. I could practically taste the longing coming off of him. Not literally, obviously. All I could really taste was just...Winter. It wasn't anything specific, but it felt so good. I kissed back a little more fervently, which seemed to send a jolt through Winter as he backed me against a wall. We kissed like that for what seemed like moments before we finally pulled away, both breathless and bleary eyed. 

"Wow," was all I could manage to stutter out. He smiled, touching a hand to his lips. 

"I feel like my lips are on fire," Winter commented, looking adorably mesmerized. I chuckled at that. 

"Me too big guy. Me too. Say, you want to go watch a movie?" Excitement lit up his eyes and nodded, grabbing my hand and tugging me along to our room. Our room. It made me feel all tingly when I said that. 

I flopped on the bed as he went through the movies in my nightstand. I smiled a little, already knowing what he was going to pick. 

As predicted, he popped up from the side of the bed with wide puppy-dog eyes and Beauty and the Beast in his hands. What? I love that movie. Don't you judge me. I'm a manly man. 

"Can we Asher? Pleaaaaaaaassssee?" I pretended to think about it, leaning back on my hands and sighing. He grew more and more anxious by the second. 

"Welllll....okay, sure." He instantly smiled hugely and put the dvd in the player, tossing me the remote that he hadn't learned how to use yet and getting on the bed beside me. I set it up to play, relaxing as Winter snuggled into my side, his head resting on my stomach. 

I loved how comfortable he was with me. It was no different from when he was in dog form. He would lay on me, with me, against me, anything. As long as he was near me. 

"Asher?" I looked down at him, concerned at the worried look on his face.

"Yeah?"  

"Would...would you still love me if I got turned back into a dog? Like Belle loves the Beast?" He looked so worried and sad that I leaned forward and kissed his forehead, something I used to do all the time to comfort him and myself. 

"Of course I would. Why do you think I wouldn't? Though, I think kissing would be a bit problematic. Your tongue is ginormous." He beamed at me, settling in again and watching the movie intently. 

"I love you, Asher. Good night." He mumbled near the end, falling asleep. I yawned, shifting as he moved to lay beside me, his head on my shoulder. I rested my head on his, shutting off the TV. 

My eyes started to close, but before they did I could swear I saw a tall man with tattoos all over his head and bright yellow eyes smiling through the glass, putting his finger to his lips. I shook my head, looking back to see no one standing there. 

"I love you too, Winter. Sweet dreams."

----------TA DA! How adorable are they!? So sad it's over, I love these characters so much. I get too attached, wah ;_;  Comment what you thought of this short lil story, it will be appreciated. Thanks for reading!----------