Chapter 4: Catch you now

----------Sorry for the long wait guys :/ I hate being sick. I actually started this chap when I was recovering but then I got sick AGAIN. -_-'----------

~Asher~ 

Back at the house, things might have been awkward, except Winter didn't allow them to be. There wasn't a moment of silence as he hopped to and fro around the house, babbling excitedly and not making a lick of sense while he was doing it. 

I was still a bit disbelieving of the entire situation and was still expecting to wake up to Winter the dog licking me in the face. But deep down I knew this was no dream. I guess this is how people in those fantasy books feel, when it hits them that their reality isn't everything they thought it was. 

Great, i'm suffering from culture shock and my way of life hasn't even changed yet. 

"Ack! Asher, Winter just slid my Pomeranian across the kitchen floor!" Well, maybe a little bit. 

"No I didn't! It was running towards me and I defended myself." He crossed his arms, eyeing the dog with disdain. I face palmed, coming up beside him and ignoring the smile he gave me, even though it made me feel all funny. 

"All right, you go upstairs for a little bit. I have to talk to Sidney." He pouted, latching onto my hand. 

"Do I have to?" 

"Yes!" He slouched off, letting go of my hand once he had pulled my arm as far as it could go. I waited until I was sure he was gone before turning to my sister, her dry look making me blush. 

"Don't look at me like that. It's not my fault he's all puppy on the inside." She rolled her eyes. 

"Yeah yeah. Tell me honestly though Asher...do you really believe this? He's not some psycho who's had his eye on your cute gay little ass?" I blushed deeper, but looked at her seriously for a second. 

"No, I tested that. I swear, he's the real deal...but I can't help but doubt all the same. This is too crazy right? Too impossible?" My unsure gaze met her calculating eyes. 

"I don't know, Asher. It seems completely surreal and insane, but like I said, it wasn't altogether alien to me. He was always the most abnormal dog i'd ever encountered. And hey, I know I read a lot of fantasy books, but sometimes those are based off of real, old time legends. Those legends had to come from some sort of truth, right?" She said, leaning back against the counter and glancing towards the place Winter had left the room. 

I bit my lip, rubbing the back of my neck. Maybe she's right. I never believed in vampires, fairies, or...werewolves, but this is different. This is real, and I can feel that he isn't some monster, or a fairytale creature. 

Then what does that make him? 

***

"Winter, don't bite me! Jesus, you still have hella sharp teeth!" I exclaimed, my voice slightly squeaky. After my chat with Sidney, she went bed and I went upstairs and was promptly tackled onto my bed. 

At first we were comfortably cuddling, my face red as a rose and his face buried in the crook of my neck. My right arm was around his shoulders and my left hand rested on his side, and it was actually quite nice. I had given him a pair of my sweatpants since that was all I had that would fit him, which meant he still went shirtless. Well, it was a lot nicer than cuddling with a dog. 

And then, he bit me. Turns out, his teeth are just as sharp if not sharper in human form than they were in dog form. Joy.

"Sorry! But you smell so good and I thought, you must taste even better! And, well, you did, but we don't have to get into that right now." He smiled bashfully, batting his eyes up at me. I sighed heavily, rubbing my neck where he decided to 'taste' me. 

"Did you draw blood? It feels like you did." 

"What? No!" 

"Are you sure, cause-"

"I'm sure!" He sat up and flailed his hands, inspecting my neck even though he just said he was sure. I knew he didn't draw blood, I just wanted to freak him out. I smirked as he sighed in relief at my blood free neck. 

"See? I told you I didn't." I stretched out on the bed, yawning and then grunting as I was promptly glomped by Winter. He snuggled into me once again, his arms wrapped tightly around my torso and his head on my chest. Thankfully no bites. 

"Uh-huh. You know...I do have to go to school tomorrow, which means you'll be here. Alone, all day." I said. I wasn't too worried, except for the fact that I had no idea what he could get into now that he had thumbs and feet and things and okay I am too worried. 

"Oh. Right. Well, i'll come with-"

"No." I didn't have to see his face to know he was pouting. 

"But, I want to come with you! What am I supposed to do while you're gone?" I shrugged, resting an arm on his waist and trying no to focus on the jolt it sent up to my bicep. 

"I don't know, play with Cookie or something." Saying that out loud made me giggle a little bit, and I heard him groan. 

"I don't want to! I want to go to school with you." I sat up, pulling him with me so were facing each other on the bed. 

"You know basically everything about me, right?" He nodded. "And that's because I talked to you about anything and everything, not knowing you could hear me." I gave him a look and he gave me that sheepish smile again. 

"Sorry." 

"Anyway, then you know...what school is like for me. You know why I don't want you to go." He frowned, his eyes deep with concern. 

"But that's just why I should come! You never let me go when I was in my other form because you knew I'd tear them apart for tormenting you. If you let me go, I can protect you now, in my human form!" He exclaimed, looking at me wide eyed and serious. 

"Winter, you can't do that. You'll get hurt or they will, though they won't be torn apart you could still injure them badly." He looked confused now, rubbing his arm where the precise muscles that would cause such a fuss flexed. 

"Isn't that the point?" I face palmed, trying not to laugh. 

"No! Sheesh. Listen, if you hurt them because they hurt me, it won't fix anything. It's like when we kill people for killing people. What does it solve but to teach us that killing is okay because killing is not okay?" 

"You mean...by hurting them, i'd just become like them, and nothing good will come of it?"

"Exactly." He looked frustrated, like that was a lesson he wished he didn't just learn. 

"Fine, but I won't let them hurt you anymore. Please, let me go with you?" His voice went from a protective growl to an adorable pleading voice. His eyes were big and blue as the sky, and the pout had returned full force. Not to mention his messy blond hair was sticking up at weird angles and he just looked too cute to ignore. 

"Ugh, fine! But don't talk unless you're spoken to, and if someone mean or annoying talks to you don't speak at all. And don't be weird to teachers, and Sidney will now have to deal with the principle about your files-" 

"Yes!" He shouted in happiness and flung himself at me, but I was ready this time caught him in my arms, letting my worries slip away momentarily with the embrace. 

"Thank you, Asher. I promise, I won't let anyone hurt you ever again." I forced back my over-emotional tears and kissed his forehead out of habit. At least that's what I told myself. 

"Yeah. I know you won't." 

----------Again, sorry for the hold up! I will update this more often, I swears >.<----------