Chapter 4: The new girl

Today I start school. You could say that I am ecstatic but that would be a lie. I am mostly scared and nervous. The only way that people can recognize me is by my name if they even knew it because I look nothing like what I did before, when I was a big nerd.

I sigh as I look at my reflection in the mirror. My face looks skinnier than it did before. My collarbones are noticeable. I take a deep breath and close my eyes.

"Kim keep it together. It's just school. Nothing new." I tell myself. "Just don't draw attention to yourself."

I smooth down my shirt. I am wearing skin tight dark jeans, a gray shirt with burgundy sleeves, and burgundy converse. My hair is messy, literally it's crazy. I pat it down a bit and grab my bag which is sitting on my window couch untouched since I bought it. It has new school supplies I bought. I groaned and picked up my bag. I swung it over my shoulder and walked out of my room.

"Are you ready for me to drive you to school?" My father asks.

"No I'm actually going to ride my bike today."

"Your aunt did bad on giving you that. It's dangerous."

I sigh and grabb a granola bar to eat at school I take my jacket from the couch and run out the door. I step out and grabb my helmet.

"Are you excited?" He asks me as he walks closer towards me.

"Are you excited to go to work?" I ask knowing his answer. My father doesn't exactly love his job.

"Kim this will be fun. You'll make new friends and you will have fun playing with them."

"Dad I am not a first grader. This is not going to be fun. Almost eighth hours of annoying people and stupid teachers."

"Oh come on be enthusiastic. Look at the brighter side of things."

"Well what's the bright side of this."

"Well you won't be stuck at home by yourself. Now that your aunt left no one is at home."

That is true, my aunt left on Sunday which was just yesterday.

"Well school is no better than staying home and doing whatever," he looks at me unapprovingly, " I'll go to school and behave, don't worry."

He nods and places a small kiss on my forehead and tells me to be careful. It doesn't take me very long to arrive at the hell hole. I pull into the parking lot where most kids are at. What a great way to make my first appearance on my fellow classmates again. Their eyes follow the unknown motorcycle.

I park close to two more motorcycles. I turn off the engine and smirk as I see that people have stopped to look. I was never an attention seeker but right now I don't care who looks at me. I slowly remove the helmet from my head. I run hands repeatedly through my hair to fix it. The people are suprised to see that a girl rode on a "guy" vehicle.

My bag seemed heavier now and it seemed hotter out here. I see Shawn looking at me with Vera on his arm. He had an amused look on his face and I felt slightly uncomfortable. I put on my sunglasses and carry my helmet in my left hand. I walk towards the front building and hear some wolf whistles and a car horn sound. Guys holler at me and I flip them off. Gosh, such players and fuck boys.

My identity is still unkown to everyone.

I make my way upstairs and look around the halls. I am supposed to find room number two twenty-three. I walk around the long hallways and look at the doors to find the correct one. Now I think that I should have stayed and searched for all of my classes, then maybe I wouldn't be having this trouble.