Chapter 13: Playing around

My movie date with Shawn was horrible. He tried making out with me while the movie was playing but I pretended like I was teasing him. I almost kicked his face. He even went as far as to rub my thighs. I slapped his hands and he just laughed. I am not a player so I don't know how this works or anything, I have ni experience so all of this is new to me. I feel like I'll be rapped by the slightest touch of a boy I don't like.

He though I was playing hard to get now but I was just creeped out. He finally left to his house and I left to mine. Is it wrong to be doing what I am doing? I don't know if I will be abke to keep this up? I really don't even know if I am bad. I kinda just feel like a good girl dressed as a bad girl.

It's like a disguise. It could be temporary or forever. The tattoos are there and they won't be gone anytime soon. The habits are normal to me. This is me now. The scars are permanent.

I ditch school today because I don't feel like dealing with a flirtatious Shawn or a curious Adam. I walk to nowhere in particular as I descend the school steps. I deive away to wherever my bike takes me. I take unknown turns and the thought of being lost doesn't cross my mind. I just want to get away, from everything.

I stop once I've reached a dead end. I climp over a fence that in big red words says not to cross. I walk for about ten minutes until I stop at a clear space. A big grey rock is between a couple of trees circuling behind it. A small stream heads down to I believe a lake or something. The skies seem clear here.

I hear nothing but the small crashing of the water as it crashes into the rocks. You smell the pine trees and the fresh air. It kind of smells like how it smells after rain. I sit down on the big rock and stare at the sky. I set my bag down beside me and exhale the fresh air as I shut my eyes.

******

I awoke when a droplet fell right on my forehead. I looked at the grey sky and sat up. I picked up my things and went back home.

"Kimberly Grace Zanders where in the hell were you?"

You never hear my mother swear unless she is very angry. My mother stoodnup and walked towards me.

"I got a call from school telling me you weren't there."

I sighed and crossed my arms.

"Did you ditch? Kimberly this needs to quit! You were not like this before."

"Yes I ditched."

"Go to your room, you are grounded for two weeks."

"Alright."

"Give me your phone and laptop."

"Here."

I handed her my phone and told her to take my laptop. I stayed in my room that whole afternoon. I didn't eat, go to the bathroom, I stayed in my room all day. I got up the next morning I left to school without saying a word to my mother. She offered breakfast but I denied and grabbed an apple. I got to school early so I decided to walk around.

"Why are you still talking to her?"

I stopped walking when I heard a female voice.

"I told you already Mallory. It's all a part of the plan."

"Yeah yeah. As long as you don't change towards me."

"Oh c'mon she isn't that great. You are better than her in everything."

"She's not even bad she's a good girl."

"I like bad better."

Mallory and Adam have a thing for each other. I thought she had a boyfriend. They just started kissing and I walked away. So he likes it bad.