Chapter 1

A/n: I wrote this book two years ago. I was 13 and made everything go fast with the relationship between reader and Carl. Sorry it's super cringe in the first few chapters.

(Y/n)'s Pov

I was in school when the outbreak happened. I remember sitting in (least favorite class) and I remember wishing something would happen and would make the class end early. But when it did, I took back every wish I had made.

"All students go to the lock down areas. This is not a drill." I heard my principle say with a rush over the intercom, in the background I heard the screams of terror and pain of some friends... some families. As the others exited the class in a hurry, I walked towards the office. Curiosity coursing through my veins. At that point the curiosity was like snake venom, and seeing what was going on was the cure... or at least I thought it was. When I finally reached the office a painful sight pounced at me.

My principle was on the ground with people acting like cannibals eating at his flesh. I looked around to see my best friend getting attacked, the once tiled floor was now scorched red with blood, coppery smell was lingering in the air and the groans of the cannibals echoed through the halls with a mix of screams of pain.

In a hurry I rushed out of the school and ran to my home. But the sight that I saw was too much. My house was set on fire, I heard screams of my family members from inside and I knew I was too late. Tears rushed down my face and I fell onto my knees, not caring that I was probably in a pool of someone else's blood. But now there was so much blood. I didn't even know if any was mine.

I've been alone since then, wandering on my own, finding ways to survive... trying to have hope.

However many years into the apocalypse that the walking dead is

I wandered through the woods, a knife clutched in one hand and a gun in the other, I waited impatiently for a walker to come across some walkers to come by to end my boredom. With each step the dry lifeless twigs snapped below my feet. I honestly didn't care if I died now, I had given up on all hope of saving humanity. Every group I joined thought there was hope... But what they didn't know then was that the hope to save everyone else, would only kill them. I continued to walk through the deserted forest, trying to make noise to get the walkers to come to me, but what happened next i never expected.

I smirked as a walker was close to me, gripping my knife I had it up as I was about to stab it through the temple... but then a arrow hit it from the side.

"You idiot!" I yelled at who ever the archer was, "I had that one."

"Whats yer name?" His thick voice asked. "What yer doing out here... you got a group?" he continued to ask.

"No... I'm alone, and obviously killing these lifeless suckers like you." I said as I tried to walk away but he grabbed my wrist. "Let go of me." I yelled as I tore my arm away.

"Come with me." He said with worry.

"What about 'Stranger Danger'?" I asked playfully, but then I turned and saw what he was worried about, there was a group of at least 20-30 walkers. I turned and instantly followed him, trying to escape the sea of groans that echoed through the forest. After close to 20 minutes of running we stopped in front of a gate that was probably 50 feet tall.

"What is this?" I asked as I gazed at the gate.

"This is Alexandria...." he panted, "Hey open up." He yelled as he banged on the metal bars. I rolled my (Eye colour) eyes as the gates slowly opened. I walked in with the man who got me in.

"Daryl, who's she?" A girl with greyish blond hair asked.

"This is... um... I don't knew 'er name." He Daryl said as he turned to me. "No name that's Diana." he sad as he walked away, hulling his crossbow with him.

"Ok, I'll need you to come with me. I need to video tape the interview." she said as we wandered into a closed room.

After the interview (One hour later)

I walked out of the room with Diana, she was probably the only person alive who knew my name.

"Ok (Y/n), here's your house. If you need anything your neighbors names are Rick and Carl Grimes, you can trust them." she said with a smile.

"Wait... a house?" I asked.

"Ya, no more scavenging in the woods. This... is the start of Alexandria, the start of sustainability." she said as she walked away. I nodded in shock and started to walk into my house, but I was stopped when a voice came from behind me,

"Hey, you new here?" a male voice asked. By his voice he sounded like my age, maybe a bit older. I turned to see a man my age, he had a brown hat that sat firmly on his shaggy brown hair that accented his blue eyes, he had a plaid shirt and some jeans.

"Ya..." I sighed.

"Whats your name?" he asked as his eyes went up and down as he looked at me, soon regaining eye contact.

I took a while before I decided to say my name, "My name is (y/n), (Y/n) (L/n).. what about you?"

"Carl Grimes." he paused, "So, you're my new neighbor huh?" he asked with a smirk.

"I guess..." I sighed.

"Well then I'll see you around... (Y/n)." As he walked away I smirked and walked into my new home, trying to let all of this sink in.