Chapter 9

(Y/n) POV

"Carl... I- I'm scared." I whispered as we sat hidden in his closet.

"I know." He paused, "I am too." He replied in a whisper as he grabbed my hand.

"They're nor back yet. They should be back." I said as I rested my head on Carl's chest and wrapped my arms around his torso.

"They will be." He whispered back.

Time skip (Once all the killers are gone)

Carl and I crawled out of the closet and looked to see if there was anyone, once we could say there was no one we both walked out and saw some people crying, some people still laying on the ground dead, others were hurt and getting stitched up from being stabbed. I looked around with fear in my eyes and walked around with Carl behind me.

It felt like I had just gotten all my breath taken away, then I was forced to swim under water. It hurt more than anything.

I watched as Rick and some of the others came running in, but Sasha, Abraham, Glenn, Aiden.... Daryl. They weren't back.

"Dad!" Carl shouted as he ran over to his dad. I ran over too.

"Rick... where's Daryl?" I asked with dry eyes.

He bowed his head before answering. "I don't know."

"You left him! He could be hurt! He might be dead!" I shouted as I fell to the ground, tears falling slowly. Carl hugged me tightly and I  turned myself and cried into his chest.

"He might be dead." I sobbed.

"(Y/n), he'll be back." Rick said as he comforted me.

"How do you know Rick? You don't." I cried.

"Hes Daryl, one of the most stubborn people I know. Just like his daughter." He said, getting quieter at the last part. I tried to figure out what he meant, then I finally did. I remembered my mom talking with my step dad about how her boyfriend, and my father had scars on his arms and back, and he had a tattoo of my name on his wrist on the bottom side but it was faint. I then remembered seeing Daryl had a tattoo on his wrist with my name, and when I asked him about it he just said it was something important to him. I was Daryl's daughter. And I knew that. I just didn't know if he knew it. I slowly wiped my tears away

"Daryl had a daughter?" Carl asked I nodded and tried to smile.

"Ya." I said with a smile and Rick looked at me with a look that stated You knew? I nodded and he looked down with a smirk.

"Who?" Carl continued asking.

"Me." I said as I tried to smile.

"You knew?" Rick asked as he tried to confirm it. I nodded.

"I knew for a while, but I never got to meet him before this. I only know because of what my mom was saying to my step dad. And because of little hints that he gave out. I'm not sure if he knows though." I said as I wiped away his tears.

"He knows, he accidentally told me over radio. But I promise he will come back. He wouldn't leave the thing that means the most to him." Rick said as he placed his hand on my shoulder. I looked over to Carl who was still staring with his mouth wide open. I laughed at the sight and pushed his mouth closed.

"Well, I guess we know why your so bad ass." Carl said with a chuckle. I nodded.

"I guess so." I said, still trying to hold back tears. I faked a smile like I had been doing for a while and went into my house, then I finally let go. I let the tears fall and I let my walls collapse and I did too, I fell to the ground and didn't even try to hide it. It was torture and I was at war with myself, because even if you don't know it...

Your always at war, whether it's with your worst enemies, your love, or... yourself. You're always at war with someone at some time. But this time I was at war with all of them but Carl... he was my sanctuary.

Daryl's POV

I rode through the road, soon meeting up with Sasha and Abraham again, but then having to split up once we were getting shot at. The engine roared loudly and I rode through the trees and tried to avoid getting shot, right now it wasn't something I wanted to do. Once I thought I had lost them I turned my bike making me fall off and cut my arm on branches and getting bruises on the ground. I groaned and walked down the path before I was attacked by a group of three who hit me in the head, making me fall to the ground before I blacked out.

 A day or two later.

I woke up and saw that they were surrounding me.

"Where is you're group." I looked at the man who had asked that and replied.

"Uh...East." I didn't care right now, I just wanted to get back to (Y/n).

They nodded and took me the opposite direction and I tried to fight back but with my hands tied it was hard. "You're helping us." I tried to protest but it didn't work as I earned myself a punch to the jaw. I groaned and fell and got back up, kicking the man and yelling at the girls. They dragged me to a fenced area with walkers in it.

"She's gone." One of the girls muttered solemnly. The other fell to the ground crying and they comforted her. I grabbed my bag that they had took and ran off in the opposite direction, and once I finally got the rope off my hands I tried to leave, but hearing the screams of them for help I sighed and went back, killing the walkers that were surrounding them.

"Why are you helping us?" the man asked.

"I guess, your no' the only stupid one." I replied and walked off with them following me, but with the bike being broken we had to walk. We trudged along the forest and after a couple hours, and we found someone the girls apparently knew. They were trapped in glass and the brunet walked up to see them, but fell and broke the glass, being bit in the neck and dying quickly by the walker that was in the glass. The blond who I thought was her sister was crying on tip of her body. I watched with sad eyes and me and the man who was with them killed the walkers and the brunet that was bit.

We slowly kept walking and finally the three of us decided to rest.

"So Daryl, why do you want to get back to your camp so bad if they left you?" The girl asked me.

"They didn' leave me, I lef' them. I didn't mean ta, we were gettin' shot at and go' split up." I sighed and continued, "And I wanna see my daughter. Her mom left me when she was two or three. But two weeks ago I found her and took her in. I realized a couple days after she was my daughter." I said as i tried to be strong.

"I'm sorry." The man sighed.

"For wha'?" I asked.

"Taking you from them, you could've seen your daughter."

"I'm still gonna see 'er." I said strictly with a smirk, "It jus' matters when."

If anyone wants to know the song at the top is 

What I've Done- Linkin Park.