Chapter 35

Ok guys, this is just going to be telling what happens after the apocalypse ends.  This will be the LAST part.  I may make another Carl x reader book based on the outcome of this.

(Y/n)'s POV.

I picked up the book I kept writing in for a while, just in case something happens and someone finds this, they can know what really happened in the apocalypse.  I scratched my pencil against the paper as i wrote in it.

It's been almost three years after the apocalypse ended, it lasted for about two  and a half  years after the incident with Neegan happened so it's been almost five years. No the apocalypse didn't end in a big bang that killed all the walkers, rather they all just died of a second death.  Maybe they were like a body after death normally, they just decompose after a while.  Still when someone dies the become a walker because of the virus being in a persons blood stream now. But that's easier to take care of.  

Most people that were here after what happened with Neegan are still here, and were still finding more people.   Carl and I are still together, Enid still hates me for it, but she hasn't tried anything since about a year ago when she said she wouldn't.  Maggie had her baby and named him Herschel Jr. after her father Herschel.  

I think that I am probably Eighteen or close to nineteen right now, that means Carl would be nineteen and probably almost twenty.  But I don't really know, I don't even know what day, or week, month, or year it is.  Carl is still the idiot that I fell in love with, but he still is the best person I know -Besides my dad. Mail cause if I didn't say that my dad would kill me or Carl.  Speaking of my dad he's gotten better. He trusts more people and has started to open up more to Carol and Rick about what happened to him and me. Oh and Rick and Michonne are still together, I swear they are the cutest couple.

"'Ey." A voice said interrupting me from my writing. I recognized the voice quickly.

"Hey." I smiled as I closed the book and turned around to see my dad standing there. He was his cross bow with him. Even though we didn't really need it, but him Carl, Rick and I always go out for hunts together (I have better aim than Carl, he just wont admit it).

"Ya wanna go for a hunt? Just me and ya?" He asked  with a smirk as he handed me my bow and arrow.

"Duh." I said as I stood up and pulled my (hair colour) hair back into a pony tail and grabbed my bow from him.  We went out for a while and got two deer and also just kept showing off both trying to prove that each of us had better aim. Of course my dad won but I was close and I was getting better too.

------ Time skip and POV change---- CARL POV

It was starting to get dark so me and my dad poked at the fire we had each night in the middle of Alexandria. People were there every night.  I looked to the gate and saw (Y/n) and Daryl coming back from a hunt. She was smiling and laughing with her dad. I couldn't stop smiling when I saw her. 

"When are ya gonna talk to Daryl about it?" My dad said as he nudged me.

"Tonight, then if he says yes I'm gonna ask here, tonight at the fire." I confirmed.  I had been planning to talk to Daryl, I wanted to ask (Y/n) to marry me.  We've been together since she came here. I don't even know how many years it's been now. but if we can stay through this we can stay through anything.

"You gotta do it soon." Michonne said as she smirked at me then looked up to my dad, "Both of you." My dad looked at her in a confused way.

"Dad you can't take a hit. She wants to get married." I laughed.

"Oh." My dad laughed, "... Oh." He said with a smile of realization.

I walked over to Daryl once I saw (Y/n) go into her house. "Daryl?" I asked with my heart racing in my chest.

"Wha'?" He said as he turned to face me. 

"I want to ask (Y/n) to marry me.  We've been dating for a while and if we can stay in an apocalypse we can stay anywhere else." I said semi-confidently.

He looked at he like I was crazy, but then a smile came to his face.  "Yea." He said with a nod.

"Thank you Daryl." I said as relief filled me.

"But if ya hurt her I will kill ya." He threatened.  

I put my hands up in surrender and nodded. "I promise."

I smiled as I walked over to the fire and placed my hand in my pocket and felt for the ring. I pulled it out and looked at it, It was simple, a silver band that went along in a smooth circle until the edges of a diamond in it where the band hung to the diamond and held it in place.

"What did he say?" Michonne asked as I walked over.  I smiled and nodded and she hugged me and once she let me go so did my dad.

"Carl?" I head someone ask. I turned and knelt down to Judith. She was probably almost six now.

"Yes Judith." I said as I picked her up and she hugged my neck.

"Is (Y/n) going to be my sister?" She smiled. I laughed and smiled with a nod.

"Yes Judith, she is if she says yes to me." 

"She will. I was with her and- and she said she was waiting." She laughed with a giggle.

"Well then yes." I said as I put her down.

"I'm going to go tell her!" She squealed.

"Judith no. I need to tell (Y/n)." I said as I went after Judith.

"Tell me what?" A voice asked. 'Shit.' I thought.

"Nothing." I said as I let Judith go and stood up to look at (Y/n).

"Carl wants to-" Judith started staying before I put my hand on her mouth to muffle the words.

(Y/n) looked at me and he like we were crazy, my dad and Michonne were laughing uncontrollably. Daryl was trying to hold in his laughter, everyone else was smiling and laughing when they were watching us.  Now us two- or three, were the only ones talking.

"(Y/n)." I started talking before I felt something wet lick my hand.

"Eww Judith." I whined as I pulled my hand away.

"Carl wants to marry you!" Judith laughed with a smile.

(Y/n) looked up to me in shock with a hand covering her mouth. I put my hand in my pocket and pulled out the rung as I got onto one knee.

"(Y/n)... Uh, I guess you already know whats happening." I said nervously, "(Y/n)... we've been dating in an apocalypse for close to five years since I've started counting.  And In those years it's the happiest I've ever been.  Can you make me that happy for the rest of my life and please, will you marry me?" I asked as I held out the ring.

"Of course I will Carl." She said with a smile.  I pushed the ring onto her finger and stood up but fell back down because she jumped at me with a hug and a kiss that knocked me back down.

I kissed her until she pulled away and smiled as she held up her hand to admire the ring.

"(Y/n) gets to be my sister!"

"And hopefully soon you'll get a cousin too!" Some one chuckled. (Y/n) looked at me like I said it, I looked at my dad. Then we all looked to Daryl and he was laughing.

"Dad..." (Y/n) warned. Daryl almost looked scared but then laughed. I looked at him with a smile and he greeted me back with a nod. 

It was the apocalypse that saved my life. And (Y/n) that made it worth living.

Ok guys. That is the last chapter of this book. It was so much fun writing it and it got so much more reads and votes than I ever thought it would. You guys are the reason I love writing so much. 

LOVE YOU LITTLE WALKERS