Chapter 1 | Test Subjects #592, #593 & #397-1

Day No.83
Today I've finally made a breakthrough! I have been able to give life to not just one, but TWO, monsters! Artificial lifeforms come to life, the second time I might add.

Day No.84
The two seem to be getting along fine, curious skeletons they are... Though they seem to want to get a closer look at each other, I'll let them out once I've given them the ability to talk.

Day No.85
It appears that they have both taken on some of my soul just fine, the shorter one, L.Subject #2 has my intelligence even though he's still at a young age whilst L.Subject #3... Seems to be more of the silly sort.

Day No.86
L.Subject #1 has just peered out of her window, she seems to have taken an interest in the commotion L.Subjects #2 and #3 are causing. I think I'll introduce them later.

~^^~^^~

Living Subject #1/Test Subject #397. That is my name, that is what I answer to. I am age 6, made on the (B/D) (Birth Date). Although I may not look it, I am a monster, a cross between an angel and a siren, an experiment.

Ever since I was born I've been learning everything needed to know to become the royal family's entertainer. Singing, dancing, art, cooking, sewing, everything that they would enjoy. I've also been learning the proper way to speak and introduce myself, how to walk and fly. Although I am still a bit wobbly with my wings on retracting them into my body, G says I've been learning smoothly and quickly. I already have the brain and IQ of the average teenager.

Enough about me. I, Living Subject #1, had just finished cooking a batch of blueberry muffins when I heard a commotion outside my room. Being the curious child I was, I quickly tidied my things away, putting the muffins on a cooling rack as I scurried over to the window.

Two skeletons that closely resembled G, where running around the place, the shorter one was carrying a science book whilst the taller one ranted on about spaghetti. They seemed to be my age. 'Has G had another success?' I wondered, noticing said man had looked in my direction, I closed the curtains and went to change into my normal clothes.

Once dressed, I wore a simple white dress that went down to my knees, pearl coloured pumps were placed on my feet with a silver ribboned necklace adorning my neck. My (h/c) hair had to be kept short due to G finishing of experiments so I could be sent off to the king and queen. Today should be the start of the last week of tests.

Looking around my small silver room that had (f/c) accents here and there, I let out a small sigh. Grabbing a plate, I placed four freshly baked blueberry muffins, putting them down on the ceramic platter before picking it up and waltzing towards the door as my large wings unfurled slightly. Humming a small tune in my tiny voice, I lifted up my hand and knocked on the door three times. My big (e/c) eyes looking upwards before hearing a click.

Peering through the a jarred door, I took note of the area, trying to find the safest path to get through towards G. Locking onto a good track, I leapt out of the doorway and sprinted through the calamity the skeletons were causing. Jumping and ducking over and under books and toys, I finally reached my destination. Holding out the plate of four muffins towards G, I let out a cheesy grin.
"Look G! Look! I, L.Subject #1, Test Subject #397, made some blueberry muffins!" I cheered.
"That's great! We can all share them together!" G applauded, calling over the two skeletons, "Sans, Papyrus! Come over here please!"
The two kids ran over, beaming excitedly.
"What is it dad?" The shorter on grinned widely.
"DO YOU HAVE SPAGHETTI!?" The taller became wide eyed as G just chuckled.
"No, but #397-1 has made us some muffins!" The skeletons let out an excited giggle as I just smiled, sitting on G's desk. We all grabbed one and dug in, sitting around G's chair.

After we had finished eating, Sans, who I found to be the shorter, smarter and joker one, came up and asked a question.
"Why don't you have a name?" He tapped his chin lightly in thought as I tilted my head slightly.
"I do have a name, it's Test Subject #397 - Living Subject #1, also known as #397-1!" I repeated off by heart.
"THAT'S NOT A NAME!" Papyrus, the taller and more fun loving skeleton, exclaimed. I tilted my head again in confusion.
"Sure it is, I've been called that since I was made..."
"YOU NEED A REAL NAME!" Papyrus retaliated, Sans nodding along. I looked behind them to see G chuckling in amusement. He stood up and walked into his office as I sat and scratched my head, adjusting my wings to a comfortable position.

*Flashback*
I floated around the room, waiting for father to come back. My wings were sore but he had told me to carry on practicing using them. The king might want me to use them in the future after all. Although it was usually fun to mess around on my own, today was different. I was anxious. I had just turned four years old and that meant more tests had to begin. To celebrate this, I drew a picture of father and I as a gift, I just needed to wait for him to get home.

Finally, father had come back from his monthly meeting with the king. Grinning happily, I rushed towards him with the picture in my hands. Landing in front of him, I look up and shoved it into his hands.
"Father, father! Look at what I drew!" I beamed.
"Hm? #397-1 you know not to call me that. I am not your father." He scolded me slightly, making me droop my head.
"Y-yes Gaster..." I pouted.
"Though your drawing is getting better!" Praised Gaster, making my face light up again. "Continue to work hard #397-1! Have to do you best for the king!" (italics) for the king... (End) those words struck me like a drum, and stuck with me for the entire day...
*Flashback End*

When G came back into the room, he was holding a board full of letters on it. Sitting down in front of me, he pointed at the board.
"I think it's about time we did give you a name. Point towards any letter you like!" I was shocked, I finally got a name? Jumping up and down I grinned from ear to ear as I pointed to (f/i) (first initial) and kneeled down expectingly. G thought for a bit before smiling. "How about (Y/N)?"
"That sounds amazing G!" I giggled as I hugged him around his waist tightly. Sure, I didn't like all of his rules when I was little, but he was kind to me, that I loved.
"(Y/N)! THAT'S A GREAT NAME!" Papyrus shouted, joining in on the hug.
"It's a very pretty name." Sans smiled as Papyrus pulled him into the small group hug.

~^^~^^~

Day No.92
It's the last day of (Y/N)'s final touched and thus, her final day of seeing us. Papyrus has been clinging to her all day though she seems to be doing well. Sans is more quiet and less of his usual jokey self it seems. This week has been a long one, (Y/N) got to learn a bit of fighting and our history whilst she was at it, as well as a few other subjects since she hung around with the boys a lot. Someone's here, it must be Toriel to pick up (Y/N)...

~^^~^^~

"Bye guys! I hope to meet you all again." (Y/N) bowed politely as she stood infront of Toriel.
"DON'T LEAVE US (Yyyyy/Nnnnn)!" Papyrus cried as he held onto Gasters long, white lab coat.
"Come one Pap, cheer up for (Y/N)." Gaster chuckled, patting Papyrus on the head lightly. Toriel smiled lightly, thanking Gaster.
"It's wonderful for you to give us (Y/N) as a gift. Although I'm a bit sceptical about this, I'm sure she'll fit right in our small family..." Nodding, the scientist looked towards Sans, pushing him forward lightly.
"U-uh... Knock knock?" He said towards the little monster in front of him.
"Who's there?" (Y/N) grinned, tilting her head to the side, her short (h/c) locks blowing in the wind.
"Gladys!"
"Gladys who?"
"Gladys my last joke!" Sans gave his cheeky grin as he chuckled. Toriel and Gaster joined in as (Y/N) gave a light laugh and hugged the skeletons tightly.
"I'm going to miss you guys a skele-ton!" They all let out a great laugh before departing, Toriel holding (Y/N)'s hand as her wings were finally able to retract into her back.