Chapter 2 | New Adventure

"It has been four years since I left G and the skelebros. Toriel took me to the castle to meet Asriel, Chara and King Asgore that day. We all got along well and I had played a song for them which has now turned into a daily thing at breakfast! Today, it just so happens to be time for me to play them a song.

The four sat on chairs at the table as I sat on a small velvet stool. It was Asriel's turn to request a song, so I waited patiently with a harp in hand (which I usually play in the mornings).
"Could you play... Yellow Meadow please (Y/N)? Please!" The little goat child giggled. Smiling lightly I nodded.
"Of course! Do you want me to sing or just play?" I asked, directing the question towards Chara this time.
"... You could sing... " Chara coughed a bit making me pull a small face. She's been coughing a lot lately.. Getting back to my performance, I got comfortable. I began to play the first few notes, lightly gliding my fingers across the strings.

"When the sky is blue,
And I go out for a walk,
I always come across,
A field of yellow flowers.

They bloom so quickly,
Right in front of me,
It's as if there's magic at work.

Every Time I see it,
It's like I can't breath.
All of that awe,
Washing over me.

Beautiful flowers,
Filled up the field,
Forever and more,
I shall wander the yellow meadow..."

Ending the short song, I looked up from my playing to see Asriel bouncing on his chair happily and Chara staring at him. Toriel clapped her hands together along with Asgore.
"That was gorgeous my child!" She praised, making me smile lightly. Standing up, I placed my harp on the stool and walked up to the table to pick up the family's plates. Toriel took notice and stood up, helping me.
"There's no need for you to help Toriel! I just felt like doing the dishes today..." I scratched my cheek slightly, laughing as a small blush crept up on my cheeks.
"Nonsense child! I shall help you out, you've done all the things we've asked for you, it's the least I can do." She smiled at me, her fur blowing slightly from a small gust of wind coming through the window.
"I was made to entertain you though, it's my job." I shrugged, placing the plates on top of each other and putting them to the side as I watched Asriel and Chara run off, telling me to join them when I was done. Well, Asriel did. Toriel looked at me with a saddened face, Asgore stood up and put a hand on my shoulder.
"That doesn't mean you can't do other things, child. You're part of our family now, after all!" He said in a deep chuckle. The two bent down and gave me a big hug as I felt something tug at my heart, or, soul. Growing my wings, I wrapped them around the two, hugging back as I realised what the feeling was. Hope.

Asriel and Chara were outside, messing around with the camera in the courtyard again. I walked out to join them, only to see Asriel holding a single yellow flower in his hand whilst Chara held a bunch up to her face to smell them. 'Those flowers look really familier...' I thought, walking closer with my wings tucked close to my back. The closer I got to the two, the more familiar the flowers got. When I finally noticed what they were, I bolted towards them, slapping the flowers out of Chara's hand and taking the one from Asriel's. Both looked at me, Asriel in shock, Chara in annoyance.
"W-why did you d-do t-that (Y/N)?" Asriel stuttered.
"Don't you know what these flowers are!?" I shouted, my hand was shaking slightly as I picked them all up and threw them away, "they're the flowers that made Asgore sick!" Asriel nodded slowly.
"I- w-we know.... C-chara just had a-an idea s-so..." He trailed off. Both of our heads jolted towards Chara as she began to cough.
"In the name of Asgore!" I groaned, grabbing the friends hands and flying towards the castle.

Once in the house I called for Toriel, searching for Asgore as well.
"What is it child?" Toriel asked walking into the small living/dining room quickly.
"Chara was smelling a bunch of those yellow flowers! The ones that made Asgore ill!" I was panicking a little on the inside. As much as I didn't like Chara from how suspiciously she acted, I had lived with her for three years now. Letting go of Asriel's hand, I pulled Chara to Toriel as she went into another coughing fit.
"Oh my child! This is terrible!" The motherly goat scrambled to get Chara to her room, Asriel followed her as I flew off in search of Asgore.

~^^~^^~

Today was the day everything went down hill... Today was the day monsters fears came to life... Today was the day, I lost a sister and a brother...

Chara had progressively gotten more ill the longer she laid in bed. Someone always had to watch her incase she coughed up blood, usually Asriel from his demanding. The king and queen were always worried sick as I racked my brain for any reasons Chara would do this. She had always been sort of sick minded. I knew she hated her own kind as well as some of the monsters here. But it still didn't make any sense.

On the last day of the week, Chara died in her sleep whilst Toriel was cleaning the room. Me and Asriel had been playing a board game when Asgore rushed up the stairs after a shriek from Toriel. Everyone was sad, Asriel more so. He cried for at least an hour, and that's when things went to hell...

~^^~^^~

Dear Diary,
It's been a while since I wrote in ya, huh? Left you on a cliffhanger there I guess... But it's true, that's when things dig go to hell...
Asriel cried so much when Chara went limp. Her soul had been floating in the air for a while which was strange to me, normally souls just break, or so I've been told.
I was to late to realise what was happening. Maybe if I was quicker to notice I could have stopped this mess. Saved Asriel...saved everyone...
Short story short, monsters were trapped in the underground after Asgore waged war on the humans above. They killed his son, why wouldn't he? He was just trying to give Chara her last wish.
We should have known better...
During the war, Asgore told me to spy on the humans, since I just had to retract my wings to do so it was fine. A simple mission for the ones I was made to follow.
But...
The war ended in a way we didn't anticipate, since we lost, I was stuck above ground, pretending to be a human.
And here I am, writing in this diary after two days of this catastrophe. They thought I was an orphan, so I'm in an orphanage. They're nice to me. Humans are kind. But if they knew what I am, they wouldn't hesitate to kill me, I know that...
I don't want to get too attached. I'm continuing my mission from here on out. At the age of 18 I will go back to my home. My true home. So I can't get attached, I know this is coming.
- (Y/N)

~^^~^^~

A (h/l) (h/c) haired girl sat under a willow tree, closing a small diary she had been reading.
"That's enough for today..." she wore a white thin strapped dress that went down to her knees with nothing adorning her feet, her big (e/c) eyes were complimenting her attire. Standing up, the female grasped the book in her hands, looking in the direction of a mountain. "Time to go home, huh?" A small smile appeared on her (thin/plump) lips.