Chapter 3 | Underground Sweet Underground

A single human sat alone on a worn brown sofa to the side of the room. Their figure was slumped with a beer in hand, staring at the bright screen in front of them that lit up the dark room. Taking an occasional sip from the bottle, the obvious feminine human wrote down notes as they observed the television, taking down every little bit of detail as they could.
Knock knock.
"Hm?" They hummed, turning round to face the white door behind them. "Come in, doors unlocked!" They shouted. Slowly, a (Short/Tall) teen entered the room, flipping on the light switch as they entered.
"You really shouldn't be sitting in the dark like this Ra..." The (h/c) -ette/head sighed, walking towards the sofa the human was sitting on, "it'll hurt your eyes." This caused the brown haired woman to let out a hearty laugh, slapping her thigh before uncrossing her legs.
"You worry to much! You'll be turning into my mother soon missy." Wagging a finger at the (shorter/taller) girl in front of her.
"Ugh..." She groaned out before standing up straight and holding out her arms. "I came to say bye..." The (e/c) orbs began to water slightly, looking (down/up) at her mother figure.
"The time's come eh?" Ra cracked a smile, bringing the other into a tight embrace. "I'll miss ya love," she told the nodding girl in her arms.
"Thanks for looking after me Ra. I'll text you whenever I can."
"That's great love, make sure to visit! I hope ya have fun in your new house!"
"Mhm!" She nodded, grinning. 'I got attached...' She thought.
-----
A young girl sat against the trunk of a tall tree. Having nowhere to go, she sat still, waiting for someone to find her, which someone did. Taking her in as there own.

The first few months, the two didn't get along, bickering most of the time.
"Come on! It's time for school!" The brunette yelled.
"I don't want to! Please let me read my books!"
"Read em at school!"
"Speak properly, maybe you should go to school."
"Why you...!"
Usually ending up in the younger getting a fist to the head.
-----
"It's probably best I never told her..." The teenager thought aloud, swinging her legs as she sat on a ledge of rock, jutting out inside of the cave. "Even if she told and taught me lots of things..."

After a few minutes of taking in the old scenery, she was about to jump off into the hole below her when she heard leaves rustle. Snapping her head upwards, she spotted a small, human child full of wonder. They had short, brown hair and wore a blue jumper with stripes of magenta.
'Reminds me of Ra.'
Watching from her perch, she looked at the curious child walk further into the cave, stepping over roots subconsciously.

After observing the child for a few minutes, they tripped on a larger root, falling into the dark abyss.
"Well, shoot..." Diving into the inky hole after the kid, the females wings snapped the skin and grew out of her back. Something she hadn't done in years and thus caused her some pain. Blotting out her feelings, she caught the child in her arms just as it was about to hit the ground. Though she saved the human, it caused her to crash into a bundle of yellow flowers, back first, as she clutched them tightly. Her body jolted slightly, the force making her head collide with the ground and knock her out.

-----

(???)'s POV
The winged girl began to wake up after I had shaken them for a while. Small, yellow petals fell off of her as she sat up. It took me by surprise when she came out of nowhere and caught me.
"Ungh..." She groaned, holding a hand to her head. Her (h/l) (h/c) was messed up slightly, a few strands here and there, she had a haze in her eyes like she was confused.

*You ask if she's alright.

The angel, at least I think that's what she is, snapped her head in my direction. She seemed a little startled that I was here.
"Uh... Y-yes I'm quite alright thank you! Just... Sore..." She rubbed her back, just above where her wings were.
"I should be asking if your alright! You tripped up and nearly fell to your death!" She began to panic slightly.

*You tell her you're fine.

She let out a slight breath.

*You tell her your name.

"Frisk, huh? Cool name! I'm (Y/N)!" The young adult (teen?) smiled at me, showing her beautiful set of teeth.

*You smile back.

As (Y/N) stood up, she dusted off her white dress and picked up a journal like book that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere.
"Well, I better get going. I have some business to attend to that has been long overdue!" The (h/c) - head/ette giggled.
"If you need any help just tell me!"
As she was about to walk off I grabbed onto her dress, telling her to wait.
"Hm?"
"Y-you saved me. You appeared out of nowhere... C-can I stay with you? Until I get out of here?" I stuttered out the sentence as best as I could. I wasn't one for talking but I do it from time to time. Another giggle escaped the girls lips, making me look up at her.
"Of course you can stay with me! Though... I haven't been here for a while and things may have changed. I know I have..." A flicker of sadness appeared in her eyes for a millisecond before I pulled on her dress again.

*You tell her that she's your guardian angel.

•She laughs.

"I guess I am aren't I?" I nodded, "come on then, let's get going." She grinned. Nodding I skipped a head a little, before turning around to make sure she was following.

(Y/N)'s POV
Frisk and I hadn't been walking for very long, they were skipping ahead of me with a stick they'd found when they had stopped. It confused me at first, making me jog up to them.
"You ok Frisk?" I asked, getting no response except them pointing towards a random patch of grass in the centre of the hall.
"That's strange..." I mutter, placing a hand on their shoulder.
Suddenly, a yellow flower popped up, out of the ground.

"Hi there! My names Flowey, Flowey the Flower!" It chanted a little to cheerily as it looked at Frisk. Noticing me there, it - or he, from the sounds of it - turned to look at me. He seemed to cough a bit before resuming his happy demeanour.
"You must be new here! So I'll show ya how things work!"

Everything's colour faded away to black and white. Flowey stood in front of us as two sets of buttons appeared. One next to me, the other next to Frisk. Two souls appeared in front of where our hearts should be, now that wasn't new. Frisks was red whilst mine was a soft glowing white.

*Down here, we gain LV through little things called FRIENDLINESS pellets!

*What's LV stand for? Why LOVE of course!

*Try collecting some now!

Five little white ovals appeared and began to make their way towards us. From the way Flowey was acting, I deciphered that something wasn't right. Grabbing Frisk and our souls I dodged out of the way, falling onto one of my wings and doubling the pain in my back as some of the skin was still sore from when they sprouted.

The flowers smile fell for a second as it glared at me before speaking.

*Hey, ya missed em! Try again!

He bounced slightly as five more appeared. This time, Frisk struggled out of my grasp and touched one, her soul following her. She immediately fell to the ground in pain, I saw her health go down by two.

*You IDIOT!

The flowers face contorted as it laughed. Seeming to forget I was there.

*In this world, it's KILL or BE KILLED!

I raised my hand towards the disgusting creature as pellets began to surround Frisk, getting smaller and smaller. Just before they hurt frisk I shouted out a quick spell to shove the flower away.

"ELTRESSA!" A light beam shot from my hand and towards the flower as I stood up and helped Frisk up, grabbing the Journal that had once again, fell out of my hands. "Filthy weed..." I muttered before hearing a gasp, and paws padding on the ground towards us.

"What a terrible creature! Harming such poor, innocent youth!" Both mine and Frisk's head swivelled in the direction if a goat woman walking towards us. A big grin quickly spread over my face as I let go on Frisk's hand and leapt into the furry monsters arms.

"Goat mum!" I shouted.

"M-my child?... (Y/N)!?"