Day 1: Airplane

Some person pointed out that Oxford isn't in London. I didn't do a lot of research when I wrote this story when I was a freshman in high school and I just wanted to get the story out. If that ONE SMALL particular detail bothers you, then move on. If it doesn't then please enjoy my story.

Picture on the side is Logan ------>

September 6, Friday

As soon as I woke up, I noticed that none of the windows in the plane were open. I pulled the bluish-grayish blanket closer to me as I sat up in my chair then I brushed some of my brown hair out of my eyes. I took a deep breath and looked down at my phone for the time, 7:35 AM. Since I was moving to a whole new time zone, I went into CLOCK and fixed the time so it was six hours ahead, and said 12:35. I wiped my eyes to get rid of the tiredness in them.

Out of the corner of my right eye, I saw one of the air hostesses going past me. I lightly tapped her shoulder. "Can I raise up my window shield?" I asked her, my voice a little groggy.

She nodded and was turning to walk away, but then said, "If one of the other passengers want you to put it down-" I nodded, not really wanting her to continue. As she was walking away, I pushed the shield up all the way to the top, letting the sun into the cavern.

My breath got caught in my throat as I looked down at the view. It was absolutely breathtaking. The Thames River was as still as a statue even in the middle of the day. I could only see three bridges crossing it; the London Eye inbetween the first two and the Buckingham Palace in the middle of the last two. The view kind of reminded me of Peter Pan.

Just staring at the window reminded me of the wool jacket that my grandma knitted for me, which was not going to cover me for the rest of the year.

A small smile appeared on my face as I remembered my grandma. I had lived with her for the past four years (my high school ones) after the accident. I had thought that moving to London would be different than Montana, and that was why I had applied to a lot of colleges here. Before I had mailed them off, I had talked to her about moving away from her, and she that it would be great if I moved to a whole new different country for independence. Apparently, starting over in a new state does not pass off as independent.

When I had gotten my letter for a full scholarship to Oxford, I stopped opening my college letters and started to pack my clothes and posters. She was so happy for me that she almost forgot about the price for both of the plane tickets and the dorm room. Almost. Both of us worked very hard to put our money together for those two things.

After I counted the money and found out that it was over the amount that we needed, I tried to give her the extra thousand, but she refused. She told me to keep it and to buy nice things.

I already miss her, and I won't be able to see her for a long while. All I have is her voice to listen to over the phone.

We were both crying as I was getting ready to board the plane. Some people were looking at us strangely, but we ignored it. We hugged each other for about twenty minutes just saying what we were going to miss about each other. She told me that she would miss my constant typing on the computer, because it always kept her company when Nyle was not home.

Right when I sat down in my seat, my phone buzzed. I looked down at it and she had texted me "Give love a try". I was pouring my eyes out by then. One of the air hostesses told me to shut down my phone, and I followed orders. I was glad when she did not notice the tears and I quickly got rid of them, not wanting anybody to see them. I was also glad that I had got the window seat and that I was on the one row where no one could sit next to me.