Day 117: Acquaintances

Took my literally three hours to type this up. Your Welcome :)

UNEDITED

December 31, Tuesday

The second semester of school starts up again in a week, and Max will be back in the dorm this weekend. He told me that Autumn 'bought' me a present and that I would be receiving it the day after he comes back. Also that Autumn bought him a present too and he was not allowed to open it until he was in the same propinquity as me.

The two presents were apparently in the same box as each other. Megan wrapped the present while Autumn handed her the tape. Max sent pictures of Autumn quite often, telling me to get them printed at the local shop.

Ignoring him, I found a local camera store a few blocks down from Oxford. I wanted to print the pictures that I took of Jemma and Leo's wedding and keep some of them for myself and the Autumn pictures. When they asked me what camera I took the pictures with, I showed them the vintage camera and Max bought and they said that I could turn the camera and buy a used digital camera for free.

I told them no immediately. They worked out a deal with me, where they were allowed to have the camera for a week, and I only had to pay seventy-five percent of the original price of the camera. They told me that they wanted to show their customers what a good, unique camera looked like and what the pictures looked like when they used it.

I managed to gain a profit of two hundred dollars because they wanted to print the wedding pictures onto large poster board and hang them around the store. The camera and the pictures were basically free.

After a lot of emails and voice mails from Maggie and I, Mr. David finally opened the doors to the dorms.

The first thing I did when I stepped into our room, I got rid of all the spoiled things in both of our fridges. Took a few sticky notes off of things that were old and out of date.

When I picked up the Autumn pictures, I placed a pile of them on his table, in front of his computer. I accidentally bumped into his mouse, making the desk top pop up. Max's background was off blue nothingness. Trying to be kind, I emailed the picture of Autumn drinking her hot chocolate to myself, downloaded it onto her computer, and set the picture up as his background.

During my free time, I walked around London, with a gigantic coat on, and took pictures of the snow with the camera. In the morning, I took the digital one out because it did not randomly take pictures with a flash. During lunch, I either, walk back to my dorm, or stop by a small diner to eat. If I went back to my dorm, I would put the digital camera away and take out the vintage camera, but I did not, then I just continued with the camera I brought out.

****

I woke up to the sound of my phone going off. Groaning, I pulled my blankets off of my body and answered my phone.

"Logan Scott," my grandma scowled into my ear, "You have not called me in over three weeks. I have missed the sound of your voice, wondering what you are doing right now. If you have power in your little winter wonderland because Nyle and I do not."