Day 111: Glimpses

HELLO! I was in the hospital for two days because my appendix decided stop working in the middle of AP WORLD HISTORY. I think I got an 80 on that test though. I had surgery thursday morning and it still hurts to walk and bend my stomach.

But I got two bears out of it (the hospital and my grandma got me them) and cookies.

Ten votes and fifteen comments until next update.

UNEDITED

December 25, Wednesday

Max's Point of View

"Daddy! Daddy!" I groaned as Autumn's knee made contact with my stomach. I heard her giggle when she realized I was in pain. She climbed off of me and sat next to me on my bed. "Sorry," she mumbled and giggled, not really trying to sound apologetic. "Santa came!"

She jumped off of the bed and grabbed my hand, trying to pull me out of bed. I used my other hand and gripped my pillow, letting my head lay on it just a little while longer before let go of it and placed my feet on the ground that was next to my bed.

In front of me, Autumn was moving back and forth on the balls of her feet. She kept on giggling, "Come on, I want to open up presents!" She dropped my hand in my lap. She sprinted to the top of the stairs and turned back around, "Come on!"

Autumn stayed right there and waited on me to get out of bed. I waved my arm at her, silently telling her to move along and go downstairs. "I'll be there in a couple of moments," I gave her a small smile and she gave me her smile, showing a few of her teeth that were growing in. She skipped her way happily down the stairs and left me alone in my bed.

I slipped out of bed, and grabbed a pair of pajama pants and pulled them over my boxers. I quickly found a long sleeved shirt; removing the shirt sleeved one that I wore to bed, I pulled that one over my head and put on the other one.

"Daddy! You have your own stocking to open! Hurry before grandma and grandpa open it for you," she giggled again.

Not replying, I (carefully) ran down the stairs and picked up Autumn into my arms. She laughed a little more and squaled when I sat down on the couch with her settled in my lap. "Happy Christmas, Baby," I leaned down and pressed my lips to her forehead.

When I tilted my head away from Autumn's she twisted her way off of my lap and went straight for the stockings. My parents were already holding out one of our stockings in their arms.

Autumn took the stocking from Mark, and held on to the top of it, trying not to make it touch the floor as she carried it over to me. "This one is yours," she lifted it onto my lap, "Grandma said that there is some stuff in there that is for Logan, when you go back to school." She walked back over to Megan and took her stocking for her, "Thank you."

She sat down on the couch next to me, opening her stocking. She opened up two things (a rainbow slinky that was on the television last summer that she kept talking about and fuzzy socks, since she complained that her feet were cold when she slept at night) before noticing that I was just looking at her.