Day 365: Daughters

Last chapter of Oversized Sweaters. Please enjoy, I cried.

Over 4000 words. 

UNEDITED

September 6, Tuesday

"Dad," I droned his name out as I closed the door to the car, "I have a test next period that is worth half my grade, and I told you that this morning, so why are you picking me up from school?"

He shrugged his shoulders as he drove out of the parking lot, "You would not have showed up if you really wanted to take that test." He stopped at a stop light, "We are going to go on a little road trip then stop at a place to eat." He glanced down at the clock on the dash, "You should be able to ride the bus back home so your mom does not suspect anything."

"So, you are basically kidnapping me for the rest of the day, or until four in the afternoon," I asked for confirmation. He nodded. "Fantastic." I laid my head on the head rest and sighed. This was really happening. "Where are we going?"

He shrugged his shoulders again and I starting to get really tired of this response. "Where do you want to go?"

"The zoo? In Jackson," I sat straighter in my seat, "I have not been to the zoo in years, I barely remember the tigers. The only thing I remember is that they do not have elephants, which is weird. Most zoos have elephants, and if a zoo does not have a elephant or more than one elephants, that zoo is considered to be sad. Depressing. Any other words that are synonyms to the those words."

Dad laughed and pressed on the gas pedal once the light turned green, "Okay, you can go to the zoo but I get to pick out the restaurant we eat at."

"Okay," I opened up my back pack and took out my phone.

"Oh, and you cannot tell you mom about this, she will have my head if she found out that I took you out of school."

"Okay," I went to my mom's phone number and texted her: do not worry, I am with dad, if the school calls and tells you who picked me up. I will be home at my normal. Love you. "I will not tell her anything."

My mom knew what my dad was doing. He had done this only one time before this. I had texted my mom when it happened before my dad told me not to. She had to know where I was at all times since my dad left her and I. I did not want her to worry.

I had disobeyed him.

We arrived at the zoo about thirty minutes later, and the first exhibit we went to go see were the red pandas. Both of the red pandas were sleeping, cuddling each other. I took out my phone and took a picture of the pandas sleeping together. When the phone captured the picture, a text box appeared on the top of the screen.

Okay, just return home safe and sound. Love you too.