Day 107: Innocence

Picture of Max's house on the side -------->

UNEDITED

December 21, Saturday

Are you sure you want to stay here for Christmas break?" Max asked me, putting his hands on my waist. I nodded, and he leaned forward and pressed his lips to my cheek, letting them linger there before he pulled away. "You can come with me to my home in Sheffield to visit my parents, you don't have to stay here, Logan."

I shrugged my shoulders and pulled myself away from Max's embrace. Ever since I kissed Max at the wedding, he has been more affectionate with me. We have kissed a few more times, but nothing farther than that. I was fine with him kissing me, I just was not used to someone looking at me that way. I had allowed myself to feel the way lovers felt with each other.

He had waited two weeks before kissing me again. I was caught off guard, being in our dorm room talking about the pictures from the wedding after I sent them to Leo and Jemma. Turns out, Jemma took a picture of Max and I when we were dancing, just dancing. Nothing else. I was grateful for not having a photograph of that particular memory.

We barely talked about the kiss while we were looking through the pictures. He had not asked why I had done it, nor why at that moment. When we moved on to the next photo, I heard him whisper my name which made me turn my head to look at him. He then decided to press his lips on mine. It was short, and after he pulled away, he gave me a half smile.

"Aren't Mike and Ike staying here?" I asked him as I sat down on my bed.

Max shook his head, "They won a contest to take a trip to Ireland." He walked to his suitcase and closed it (his clothes actually folded neatly in). "They invited their family to go with them. You don't have to be yourself. Why didn't you go to Montana?"

"Max," I snorted, "It's Montana. They are having a slight blizzard right now. Even if I wanted to visit my grandma and Nyle, I would of had to pay for the plane tickets there and back and I don't have that money." I glanced down at his suitcase, then back at mine, "When are you leaving?"

"In a few minutes," he replied. Ending the conversation, he took out a water bottle from his mini frig. Taking a sip of it, he walked into the bathroom and walked out, holding a bag of his bathroom products. "I'm taking the car, so you will have no way to travel, accept for your legs. And it is going to be snowing heavily.... Are you sure you want to stay here?"

He is very persuasive... "I wouldn't want to barge in on your reunion with your family."

At the word family, Max stiffened. He swallowed nervously before speaking again, "You wouldn't be barging in, and if you don't want to go, you don't have to." He turned his back to me, and slipped his bag into the pocket of the suitcase. He zipped it up, "I guess I will see you in two weeks."

Why is he dropping it all of a sudden? Did he remember about Autumn? Is he going back to see her? "Fine, I'll come." 

Max shook his head, "You don't have to come." He put his suitcase on my desk and headed to his bed to pick up his phone. "And you're right, I should probably let my parents know that you are coming, like a few days before, not three hours." He walked towards me and gave me a quick hug. "See you later."