Chapter 21

When I woke up I was surrounded by my family. As I looked around the white room, I realized I was in the hospital. I felt like I was a teenager again with a major hangover. As I groaned in pain and touched my forehead, you could literally hear everyone turn their head.

"She wake!" I heard one of the girl's voice yell and run over to me.

"Kately step back." I finally heard Khale say as he pulled her back.

"I just wanna hug her..." she said as Khale put his hands on her shoulders and she looked at the ground, sad.

"I know ma, just she just woke up, give her some space, alright?" he said, picking her up. "How you feeling?" Khale asked, sitting in a chair beside the hospital bed with Kately on his lap.

"What the hell and I doing here?" I asked finally speaking.

"You don't remember?" he asked me, bewildered.

"No.. I remember cooking breakfast, and then this..."

"Um can Ya'll go into the waiting room right quick?" Khale asked my parents and his dad, along with the girls and a few of my friends.

They obeyed and said series of "Get better, Vaya" as they walked out.

"Tell me.." I whispered, almost not wanting to hear what he had to say because of the headache.

"You were hit in the head by one of the pans in the kitchen.."

"Who hit me?"

"We think Destiny.. She left a note."

"What'd it say?"

"I'd rather not, right now babe." he said, touching my hand. "Happy you're feeling better."

"I'm not..." I said gulping. "I feel horrible and I have a headache."

"Here," he said, handing me a small cup with two pills in them. "Doctor said take these if your head is still hurting.."

"Did you find me in the kitchen?"

"Yeah.." he said looking down. "I called your name like 5 times because I heard the noise.. But when I got downstairs, I saw yourhead on the floor and called 911... You weren't breathing at all and it scared.." he said, "You scared me ma."

"I'm sorry... When can I get outta here?"

"You not worried?"

"Khale, I'm alive. I'm fine. The only thing I'm worried about is my girls, your mom watching them?"

"Yeah.. I gotta talk to you when your head's feeling better."

"Okay.." I said, looking around and noticing the teddy bears and balloons. "Those for me?"

"Yeah."

"I want a teddy bear." I said, as the doctor walked in.

"Alright Mrs. Navaya, how you feeling?"

"Just got a headache, can I leave?"

"Yes, but I'd like for you to be on bed rest for a few days." he said, I shook my head no.

"I can't do that. I have a 2 month old and a 11 month old at home."

"Navayaaa..." the doctor cooed.

"She'll be on bed rest, doctor." Khale said, speaking on my behalf.

"You'll make sure of that?"

"I'm her husband," he said smiling "I'll make sure she doesn't move a inch."

A few hours later I was released from the hospital on strict bed rest.

As Khale carried me to our bedroom I was growing irritated at the fact he was treating me like a baby.