Chapter 43

~One Month Later~

Navaya's POV

"That all of it babe?" I asked Khale as he brought in one last box from the U-Haul truck outside. Before answering me he turned around and waved as the truck pulled off down the driveway and he turned back to me in the kitchen.

"Yeah, that's the last of it." he said, walking towards me and wrapping his arms around my stomach. "How my babies doing today?"

"They're doing just fine, baby." I said, turning around and pecking his lip.

During the last month, Khale and his friends had been painting the rooms in the house to my liking. Getting the girl's beds and cribs. Getting the twin's room set up, getting all the furniture set it and everything.

"Can they hurry up and get here?" he asked, kissing my stomach.

"Darryl, please." I chuckled. "Let them chill." I said, taking out some noodles from the cabinet. "Spaghetti good for tonight?"

"What kind you makin'?"

"Cheesy kind." I smiled. "Lauren likes it."

"She eats it?" He asked, chuckling and semi-confused.

"Not really, just she kinda munches on it." I said, reaching for a pot in the top cabinet. "Babe, can you get that pot down for me?"

"The big one?"

"Yes, please." I smiled. He simply reached to the top of the cabinet and grabbed the pot for me. "Thank you."

"You're welcome baby. Anything else you need?"

"I need you to relax." I teased, pushing him onto the couch in the living room. "Why you actin' like this?"

"Like what?"

"Like I can't do anything."

"Because... I don't want you to hurt the babies." he said, touching my stomach.

"I'm not gonna hurt the babies." I chuckled. "I'm doing the same stuff I did with Avaya, Lauren, and Emma." I smiled, patting his shoulder. "I'm fine babe."

"You sure?"

"Darryl..." I said, looking over at him from the kitchen and raising my eyebrow.

"I'm sorry, I'm just making sure my babies and my other baby is okay." he said, standing up and walking into the kitchen.

"Well, we're all okay. But you know something you can do for me?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Go get Lauren and put her in her bouncer and sit Emma in the play pin, please?" I said, smiling.

"Sure baby, I got em." he responded, kissing the top of my head.

"Thank you." I smiled and began cooking.

After a while, I heard Emma crying as Khale brought her down the stairs, sitting Lauren in her bouncer.

"Awe, what's wrong with my baby?" I said, putting down the Velveeta and going to pick her up.

"She's got a little cough." Khale said, kissing her forehead.

"Think she needs to go to the doctor?" I said, running my fingers through her curly hair.

"Why don't you see how she's doing in the morning." he said, sitting her in her playpin for me.

"Alright." I sighed, going back into the kitchen to cook.. "Where the girls?"