Chapter 50

~One Month Later~

Navaya's POV

Just for being a month, the twins were eating well, they'd stop waking up so many times in the night and now maybe 2 or 3. Once at 2 and once at 4, and it was a lot better than every 2 hours and not getting any sleep. Khale had went back to work so now it was just me, the kids, Khale's mom, and my mom.

It was about 8 in the evening and Khale hadn't been home yet. I was feeding Nikoyle, because I had already fed Kole and he was now sleep.

When I heard various voices downstairs, I was done feeding Nikoyle and put her back in her crib and quietly walked downstairs to see Khale in the kitchen.

I was mad at him.

For a week it had been 'I'll be home at 6' and I guess he was on some other bullshit clock, because my 6, is at that time. SIX.

I walked about midway down the stairs, then saw Khale, which automatically made me want to turn back around.

"Aye baby." he said, grabbing me by the arm. "What's wrong?" he asked. I lightly tugged on my arm, bringing it back to me and walking into our bedroom. "Babe.." he said, closing the door. "I'm sorry.. Things just got tied up at work."

"Things have been 'tied up at work' for a week now, Darryl.."

"Don't be mad at me, I can't help it."

"Yes you can!" I somewhat shrieked. "You can not get my hopes up about you coming home at the time you said you were. If you're gonna come home at 8, then just tell me 8." I stated, getting up from the bed.

"Baby, don't be mad at me, alright.. I'm sorry." he said, following me into the bathroom as I began to strip so I could shower.

"I've been hearing 'I'm sorry' far too often in the last week." I said, stopping myself from undressing as I was only in a pair of boyshorts and sports bra. I hadn't gotten my figure back completely, but I was working on it. I slowly studied my bodied as I felt Khale's presence increase and he was now standing directly behind me. I saw the few stretch marks that made me oh so mad. Carrying 5 children became a toll taken thing. My body wasn't perfect. It was far from it actually. Khale didn't seem to care at all. Actually, he'd call me beautiful more as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Babe.." He whispered in my ear and place a sweet kiss on my shoulder as he looked in the mirror at us both. "I'm sorry." he said. I sighed, turning around to face him. I gave him a hug and felt as he lifted me up and sat me on the sink's countertop.

"Be home on time, Darryl.." I said, looking directly in his eyes. His big brown eyes, sometimes black during the winter. His eyes told a story that I'd always want to listen to when I laid on his chest in bed at night.

"I will, ma." he said, sounding just as he did when he was 17. He often had the word 'ma' or 'mama' engraved into his vocabulary sometimes when he called to me. Now it was 'babe' 'sweetie' 'babygirl' baby' and all in my opinion were better than 'ma'.. But sometimes, it was nice to hear.

"Pinky promise?" I asked, holding up my finger. My tatted finger with 'promise' written down the side in cursive writing.

"Pinky promise." he responded, taking my pinky into his as we always did. He planted a kiss on our pinkies, then released mine, pecking me on my lips before she began speaking. "You bout to shower?"

"Yeah." I responded. "Why?"

"Lemme shower with you." he said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I looked up at him, his tall frame towering over me and sigh.