Chapter 35

While driving to Khale's mom's house, the girls were in the back watching Finding Nemo and the babies were sleep. It was so peaceful. Too peaceful..

"Khale.."

"Wassup?" he asked, glancing at me then back at the road.

"Why are they so quite?"

"They're occupied." he chuckled. "It's a beautiful thing."

"I guess.." I said, turning around to look at the girls. "Are you guys bored?"

"No mommy." they both said at the same time.

"Oh.. okay.." I said, turning back around. "Baby, talk to me.."

"Don't tell me you're bored.." he sighed. "What you wanna talk about?"

"Doesn't matter."

"Well I ain't tryna talk, you are, so what you wanna talk about?"

"Nothing. Nevermind." I said, putting in my headphones and listening to music. Khale didn't bother me for the rest of the ride.

When we got to Khale's mom's house, the girls were sleep.

"Aye... wake up munchkins." Khale said, shaking them a little and watching as they fluttered their eyes. "We're here.." he said, and when he said that, they both got excited, unbuckling their seatbelts and trying to open the door.

"Daddy we can't get out!"

"I know, hol' up." he said chuckling and taking off the Child Safety Lock. "Try now." he said and watched as they opened the door and ran to the house. "Yo kids."

"HA.. HA.. HA.." I said sarcastically. I got the girls, you got the food?"

"yeah, go 'head." he said, I went to the back and unhooked the girls from their car seats and got them out and took them inside. "Heyyy!" I said walking in, being greeted by everyone.

Smelling the food through the house and looking at the decorations that Khale's mom put up around the house, up the staircase, and the big Christmas tree that sat in the corner covered in ornaments and the angel as a tree topper.

"Are those my grand-babies I haven't seen in ages!?" Khale's dad said, taking Lauren. "How you doing, Vaya?"

"I'm doing good, pops. How are you?"

"Trying to survive in this house with Khale's mom."

"Pops..." I cooed.

"Eh, I'm kidding. How'd my son treating you?"

"He's fine. Stubborn as ever."

"I heard that." I heard Khale say from behind me. "Hey dad."

Khale's POV

After getting everything out the car and getting it situated, I sat down with my cousins, aunts, uncles and such. Just talking. Then saw Kately come in with a juice box.

"Nope." I said taking it from her. "You know how you get with grape juice."

"Please daddy!"

"No, go get some apple juice." I said, pointing towards the kitchen. She pouted and reluctantly walked back into the kitchen.

"Where's the other one?"

"Which other one?" I said laughing. "There's 4 of em."

"The other 5 year old, Darryl."

"She's somewhere around here, I can't keep up."

"Planning on having any more?"

"Yeah, Navaya's having a boy." I said smiling.