Chapter 2 - When You Cry, I Cry With You

*Dare you not to cry*

             Two A.M. rolled around and Zayn got not a wink of sleep. He only watched his bedroom door for any hint of his father, his body perched against the head bored with Niall in his arms, his steady breathing painting Zayn’s chest like a storm in the Sahara.

             Zayn stiffened when the small blonde stirred, his baby blue eyes cracking open and he peeked up at Zayn with pure and utter innocents. A hint of tiredness swimming in the ocean of aqua. A small smile spread across his lips and Zayn imagined that same smile aging through the years, waking up like that with a calm patter of rain outside there window on a rainy morning.

             "Why are you up, Charming?" Zayn wondered, brushing hair out of the blondes face. "I have to potty." Niall blushed and used Zayn to prop himself up. "C'mon then," Zayn gestured, picking Niall up like a small child, his head rested on Zayn’s shoulder, he legs wrapped lazily around him. Niall was so little and frail, Zayn couldn’t get over the fact that he could break at any moment.

             "Hurry we need to get back to bed, we have school in the morning, if you’re up for it?" Zayn wondered as he set Niall on the cold tile of there now shared bathroom. It sent a shock up Niall’s spine and he tingled a little, shivering as he sat down on the potty. Of course, Niall didn’t like standing while he peed, made him feel funny. Even if Zayn had to clean off the toilet seat when he was finished. "Don’t like school." Niall grumbled and crossed his arms over his chest with a sigh in his voice.

             "I know, but you have to go, Charming." Zayn bit on his lip in frustration. He really didn’t look forward to dragging Niall to the car in the morning. “Maybe we can leave early and go to the park? We could go see the ducks!” Zayn tempted the younger boy, smiling brightly at the smaller, who of course, grinned just the same and nodded his head. “All done!” Niall finally cheered and Zayn helped him wipe his willy (Niall insisted) And pull up his pants. “Go lay down, yeah?” Zayn smiled and kisses the top of Niall’s head, rushing him on his way while he cleaned up the reminisce of Niall’s mess.

             Meanwhile, Niall crawled into bed, situating himself in his favorite (And only) pair of pajamas. When he finally settled, the bedroom door creaked open and Niall’s wary eyes shot open, a tall figure staring in on him. “Niall.” Their father said roughly. Pointing his dirty little finger at Niall.

             “Come. Here.” As much as Niall didn’t want to, he knew it would come back to bite him in the long run, so, he stood on shaky legs and wobbled to the doorway were he ‘dad’ grabbed the back of his head, smashing their lips together. Niall didn’t like when dad kissed him, it felt icky. So, he pushed away, making a displeased face and wiping his lips. “Get in our room.” The man insisted.

             Niall didn’t want to go. He wanted to go back to be with Zayn, wanted to cuddle into the warmth of his arms.

             “Don’t want to.” Niall pouted under his breath. His dad grabbed his chin, making the small boy stare into the man’s cold, dark eyes. He pecked the squirming boy’s lips once, or so Niall thought, but he soon found his lip being bitten harshly on, dragged between rough teeth that he didn’t exactly like. He tried to push him away, but the man bit harder, making the boy’s soft pink lip bleed red. Niall screamed, rather loud but his father covered his mouth with his left hand, smirking wickedly. Zayn was still oblivious to what was happening in his bedroom. His dad was good at covering his tracks.

             With his other hand, Yaser clutched Niall’s crotch, squeezing him and pressing the boy to the door. “Shut up ya fucking retard.” The man hissed. Maybe it was Niall’s soft whimpers, or Zayn ability to hear that word from a mile away, but Niall had never seen Zayn run so fast in his life.

             The older boy was there in a second, knocking his father to the ground in a fit of anger. “CAN’T YOU KEEP YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF HIM FOR ONE NIGHT!” Zayn chuffed, bringing his brother into his arms, Niall whipping his bloody chin on Zayn’s bare chest.

             “What the fuckers your problem,” Yaser wiped his mouth and pulled himself from the floor, glaring at Zayn before existing the room.

             Zayn could feel the fear radiating off Niall like a fire. He was shaking, rather violently but it was no seizure, and that was a good thing. “Shh, Shh, It’s okay charming.” Zayn soothed, picking the blonde up in his arms where he carried him back to the bed, laying him down.

             Niall sobbed as he stared up at Zayn, his mouth bloody and kiss swollen. Zayn hated when his dad kissed Niall. Those were his lips, even if only in his dreams and he didn’t like the thought of that disgusting man laying a finger on him. Let alone his lips.

             “Please charming, stop crying. Everything is going to be okay, I swear.” Zayn peppered Niall’s face in short lived kisses, causing Niall to break out into a fit of laughter. There’s my boy, Zayn thought and he smiled brightly at him, kissing his nose once before grabbing a dirty towel from the floor and using it to wipe Niall’s mouth. Promenade teeth marks were left behind, But Zayn was pretty used to covering Niall in makeup before school.

             But it didn’t make what Yaser did any better. It never would. “Hurts.” Niall whimpered, eyes watery with tears. “Your lip?”

             Niall shook his head slowly, his cheeks flaming red. He really didn’t want to say. Usually Zayn just…knew. Maybe it would be the same this time? “Your bum?” There it was. Niall nodded cautiously and Zayn chuckled, reaching into Niall’s bags on the floor where he found his cream, which was running low Zayn noticed.

             Niall pulled of his pants and undies, bringing his knees up slightly and spreading wide, just like Zayn had taught him to do. He didn’t like the cold cream, but Zayn’s hands were warm, so it was okay. He liked the way Zayn took care of him.

             “Deep breath in.” Zayn coached him and Niall giggled, taking the biggest breath he could and waiting for Zayn’s signal to let it out again. The darker’s cream covered fingers waited at Niall’s entrance, which clenched as a reflex. “Now out, and close your eyes.”

             Niall did as he was told, he didn’t like disappointing Zayn. He relaxed himself and let Zayn smother the tight rim of muscles with the numbing paste.

             Zayn chuckled when Niall flexed around his fingers, the boy snickering at his accomplishment. “Silly boy,” Zayn laughed, pulling his fingers from his brother and whipping them on the same bloody towel.

             Niall pulled his underwear (Tighty whities) back on and crawled under the blankets, where he waited for a drowsy Zayn, who wrapped his arms around the boy, pulling him into his chest and plastering a soft kiss to his forehead before Niall’s breathing steadied, small snores being pulled from his aching lips.