Chapter 6 - I'll Listen To You Til' Your Tears Give Out

Niall’s breath hitched and he crawled over to the window, where he sat down with a whimper while Zayn collected himself. Even though there home was shirt, it was still on the second story. Which meant they had to climb down, thankfully there was a rather large three, with a few sturdy branches.

             Zayn was out the window first, grabbing Niall’s hand once he stood on one branch. "Its okay, babe. Trust me." And of course Niall trusted him, he trusted the older lad with everything he had. He trusted Zayn like a child trusts there father to do no harm. Oh, the irony.

             "Z-Zaynie what if he catches us?" Niall whispered as he stepped lightly on the branch in front of Zayn, holding himself up with the long branch above them. "He won’t, but we need to hurry." Zayn instructed as Niall reached the trunk of the tree, stepping onto the branch below him. "Careful charming." Zayn whispered as the blonde climbed down, his toes finally meeting the hard ground.

             They both climbed down safely, but with Niall’s whimpering, Zayn was frightened they might get caught. Which wouldn’t turn out good for either of them. "Shh, charming you need to be quiet. Please. I don’t want to get caught." Zayn pleaded but Niall let out a shaky sob. Zayn had to think of something, anything.

             "Hey, if you’re quiet, I'll get you a surprise?" Zayn offered, rubbing Niall’s arm soothingly. "Anything you want, charming." He added, trying to calm his brother.

             Niall shook his head, biting down on his quivering and chapped lips. "C'mon, Ni, there has to be something?" Zayn said in a hush hush voice, licking at his own lips. "W-Want what you were going to give me in the bath?" Niall wondered.

             As much as Zayn didn’t want to, it was the only way, and if he promised it now, he couldn’t go back on that. "O-Okay, but not here. We have to go somewhere safe first, okay?"

             Niall’s face turned pink and he nodded quickly, letting Zayn take his hand and take him into the back ally, where they made their way down to the end of the street. They kept walking in different direction and Niall wasn’t sure he liked this. He was only in his pajamas and some slippers, Zayn in his sweats, matching slippers and a tank top. He had a jumper on as well, but it wasn’t very warm. The both of them shivered and shook and it wasn’t even five pm yet.

             How where they supposed to make it through the night?

             Finally, around dinner time, they reached a long stretch of tall buildings, where Zayn searched aimlessly. "Where are we going?" Niall wondered as a crack of thunder sounded through the sky and he squealed rather loudly. "Somewhere safe, baby brother." Zayn ensured as he held onto Niall tighter, turning the corner of a old ally way behind some Italian restaurant where the only thing in sight was a dumpster and a dark phone booth.

             "C'mon," Zayn tugged on Niall’s arm as a few drops of rain hit their heads. It wasn’t ideal, it wasn’t very warm and it wasn’t a spacious as Zayn hoped, but he crammed Niall and him both inside the phone booth, Niall between his legs with his arms wrapped tightly around the younger boy.

             "Don’t like it." Niall complained as the rain picked up, pounding against the top of the booth. "S'cold." Niall whimpered again and turned to snuggle into Zayn’s chest, collecting his warmth and sense of safety. "I know, I'm sorry." Zayn sighed. Maybe they should have stayed home, maybe Zayn could have said school got out early, or Niall got sick. He could have took Niall’s punishment, could have let his dad rape him but he was a coward, and he made his little brother run.