The Runaways

~Chapter two: Blood Thirsty~

People started throwing rocks at me driving me into a corner. My voice couldn't come out. I felt afraid and weak. Then a man pushed through the crowd with a gun at my head. Was he going to shoot me. "Everyone shut up! He may be a vampire but he is still a kid! We will make him leave into the woods and if he comes back then we will kill him!" The man shouted in a deep voice.

Silence fell over everyone and then one by one they all nodded in agreement. The man took my wrists and put them behind my back as we walked to the forest. "You better not come back!" He said releasing me into the woods.

I started to walk towards the forest. I glanced back as the sharp stares of people stabbed at my back. I kept walking into the woods getting deeper and deeper until all I could see was trees. I had became lost and have no where to go. It felt like I had walked for hours and my energy was slipping away from me rapidly.

Every step I take I become weaker and weaker. Is this how I'm gonna die? I heard something behind me and when I turned around a vampire jumped at me trying to attack. Fear engulfed me as I leaped back barely out of his grasp. I stumbled over a tree root that was bulging out of from the ground. I fell backwards as my back slammed against a tree. The vampire thrusted himself towards me and I froze in horror looking at his twisted face. Just as he grabbed me an arrow shot right through his head. I had been saved! But by who? Could it be that another vampire that wants to devour me?

I looked around me hastily. I could see no one in sight and it felt like the whole world became silent. I began to panic running through the forest and all that I could hear was my heavy breathing and the cracklings out sticks as my feet hit the floor. I was going insane. I fell to my knees when I noticed a light near by. I ran towards the light and as I got closer I noticed it was a house. No it was bigger than a house, much bigger. It was a castle. I was about three yards away when I heard a rustling in the trees. Am I being attacked again?

Just then a girl dropped down from the trees landing on her feet. My vision wasn't to well but i could tell she was a female by her figure. My eyes adjusted to her and I could see her fair skin and red lips. She was beautiful. Then I noticed that it wasn't just her lips that were red. She had long blood red hair that matched her glowing red eyes. She was surely a vampire.

"Who are you?" She said slowly walking towards me like she would attack if I made even the slightest move. I put my hands up slowly showing her I had no weapons or intentions to hurt her. While I was doing so I noticed I was back in human form. "I-I'm Aidan" I said as she stopped right in front of me.

"You're a human right? Wow your the best looking human I have ever seen! And you smell delicious! But don't worry I won't eat you because there is a reason I saved you." She said looking at me with cold eyes.

"Why did you save me?" I asked as we began to walk.

"I saved you because I want to run away but I need someone to go with me." She said as we came up to a castle. Wow it was huge! I wonder who lives here.

"This is my home. I am princess Lila but don't worry you can just call me Lila. When we get in the castle I will tell my parents you are a prince and get you some new clothes and a bath. Then I will come into your room at twelve and we are going to run away. I will tell you more when the time comes so will you help me?" She said looking at me as if I didn't have much of a choice. I could tell she had everything planned and I was to afraid to say no to a vampire who could easily kill me so I agreed.

As we walked in there was a row of maids who bowed down at her as she passed by. She some how gave of a feeling of strength and power like someone you wouldn't want to mess with. I scurried behind her as we approached a room with two thrones which two people sat upon. It looked like what you would see in a picture book. It was true that vampires liked the old age things better than the new so they stuck with the medieval theme.

"Hello father, mother" she said bowing. "This is prince Aidan. He shall be staying here tonight if that's alright." She said not showing even the slightest bit of hesitation while lying. "It is all right. Welcome, please enjoy your stay." Lila's mother, the queen, said smiling at me. Lila motioned me to bow and I did while saying thank you.

We walked out of the room and Lila's personality quickly changed. "Good it's all going according to plan. We will run to the east woods and from there travel from town to town until we get to a land called Kingsburg. That's where I plan to live, you can to. Whether you want to or not is up to you but I have a feeling you have no where else to go right?" She said looking at me.

I nodded. She was right. I had no where to go and no family to see. She is the only option I have. She sent some maids to prepare me a bath and when it was ready I went into it.

There was clothes on the side table for when I was ready to get out. I sat in the bath trying to fight back the tears that slipped down my face. It's hard to know that you are someone that does not belong. The misfit and the strange.

Tears fell from my face leaving hot tracks where they ran down. I cleared my head and decided to just lock up the painful feelings that I buried deep inside. I got out and put the clothes on and walked to the mirror. I looked like a vampire again!

My hair was wet and black sticking to my face and my eyes were a dark saddened red color. I noticed that when ever I had a lot of anxiety or stress I would turn into a vampire. I calmed myself down and watched as my hair turned blonde and my eyes faded into blue. I can't let anyone find out about this. If Lila found out would she think I'm a monster as well? I can't take that chance I must hide it from her.

I walked out of the room and two maids led me to the dinning room. Surprisingly even the vampires are able to eat food but they could only have a little bit and still had to drink it with blood. After the meal I was shown to my room where I would then wait for Lila to show up.

I sat on the bed remembering how I would always go to sleep after watching my favorite show and having a small talk with my mother. My heart hurt when I thought about family so I quickly tried to think of something else before I would transform. I wondered if I would have to live my whole life hiding myself.

I heard a small creek from the door way and saw Lila creep over to me. "Help me move the bed." She whispered. We both went on different ends and moved it. There was a small trap door that she opened that looked like one person could barely fit through, and stairs that led down into darkness. Lila handed me a lantern signaling me to go first as she slipped in behind me after moving the bed back from underneath.

The stairs went downwards and it took a few minutes silently trying to get through. When we got to the bottom it went strait for about a minute then stairs appeared and we were walking back up. I pushed open a little hatchet when we got to the end and climbed out we had went down and under the gate and came back up on the other side all by using that secret passage!

Lila pointed at a map and then pointed the direction we were going and we started on our way. Once we got deep in the woods we started to talk to each other talking about funny and sad stories. The sun slowly crept up and we were almost to a small town called Pettisburn. "When we get there we will first go and rent a room for the night." Lila said.

"What will we do after that?" I asked wondering how much she had planned.

"I guess we can walk around. I only planned the journey part so I'm not sure what we should do to occupy time." She said while looking at me.

"So why do you want to go to Kingsburg so badly?" I asked.

"Because, it is a place where you can start new. It's a place where it doesn't matter who or what you are. A paradise where you don't have to hide and you can just be whoever and whatever you want without being judged. I want to go to start a brand new life." She said as we approached the entrance gate to Pettisburn.

If people don't care what you are at Kingsburg, will a monster like me be able to live there? Or would they still find a way to shut me out.

*Thanks for reading! Press the vote and leave a comment. You are awesome! :3 and check out my other books if you are interested. Thanks again for reading*.