Hanging by a thread

At that moment, looking upon her red eyes that reflected the color of my very own, anger filled me. I had put whatever hope I had left into finding a way to change my fate, I had put all my hope into the witch who was really a vampire. She looked to be about five or six with long golden hair in two side ponytails. She wore a frilly dress while tightly holding onto a teddy bear that looked like it had been through hell.

"A-Are you here to kill me?" The little girl asked in a timid voice. At that moment, as I saw fear build up in her, I realized that she was no differrent from me. She was afraid and alone with no one but herself.

"Don't be afraid." I said while softening my gaze at her, "I won't hurt you, so tell me why you are here."

If I were lucky, she may know something about the so called witch in the rumors.

The little girl looked at me frightened and unsure of what to do.

"Lets get out of here first." I said while holding out my hand to her. Right now we should get out of this area, the atmosphere here sends chills down my spine everywhere I look. She stared at me for a bit before taking my hand I began leading the way back outside. She silently followed me not saying a word. We walked slowly and I was extra cautious because I still had trougble seeing, for the darkness still engulfed the room.

Once we made it to the front door, I went to unlock it. Upon feeling the door, I realized, it was already unlocked. For a moment, I stood with my face in my palm, realizing I had crawled in through the window without knowing the door was unlocked. I opened the door and a blinding light came in from the sun.

I strained my eyes trying to look outside and since I had become used to the dark it was overwhelming to see daylight. I blocked the sun with my hand and looked over to the little girl to make sure she was still there. I was startled to see something maracuolous once again.

As the little girl stood half in the sun and half in the shade, the eye that was in the sun shined green while the one in the shade burned red. Her hair also changed when it was in the sunlight.

Her hair had changed from daylight blonde to midnight black. She stared up at me and got closer so that her whole body was in the sun. Now, both of her eyes were a deep green and her hair was an even deeper black. I stared at her with out a sound coming from my mouth for I was at a loss of words.

The little girl shifted her gaze from me to the outside world. She looked both amazed and afraid. I guess you could say I had the same expression while looking at her. But why does this seem so familiar.

Ah, thats right, when I transform into a vampire, my blonde hair and blue eyes turn into black hair and red eyes. Could she be like me? That is a possibility but her apperance changes with the amount of light that hits her. It's as if she is only a vampire when she is put in the dark. We can't be the same, when i'm a human, my looks stay as a human both day and night, regardless of where the sun is.

Once I was done observing her for a few moments I looked outside remembering how hard it was to walk.

Will the little girl be able to make it?

I looked down at her little body that looked frail and small. She was in no shape to do anything that might put even the slightest bit of pressure on her, or so it seemed anyway. I bent down and faced my back towards her.

"Get on my back Ok? I'm going to carry you out there." I said to her in a calm voice. She hesitated for a moment then looked down at her feet.

"I can't go outside." she said in a timid voice.

"Why? I asked while turning towards her.

"Because, mommy said that once I go outside, the spell won't work. She said people will want to kill me."