Memories

One by one, emotions flowed into me. The first one was pain. The pain was similar to mine but different at the same time. Yes, that's what it was, the pain was from betrayal. My pain of betrayal came from my parents and as her feelings flowed into me I could understand hers as well, her betrayal came from a family member as well. Not a mother or father but rather a sibling, sister maybe? Possibly a brother? Or perhaps a cousin. The pain came from someone who was far enough to be a memory but close enough to leave a scar.

The next feeling that flowed into me was loneliness. A feeling that brought sadness and emptiness to ones heart. A feeling that makes you question your own existence, a feeling that is always with you when nobody is around, and its always around when you feel like nobody is with you.

Another feeling passed through and this one was intense. So intense that my head ached as it passed through. There was a throbbing pain and with every thump it sent one emotion down my spine. Fear. This fear I understood perfectly. I understood it so well it made me wonder if these feelings were hers or really my own. This fear was so strong, I could feel it burrow deep down into the pit of my stomach. This fear, it was the most hateful and regrettable feeling that anyone could have. The most terrible and scariest thing in the world, was the only thing I could never escape from. Myself.

Before the feelings and thoughts could get any deeper, I pushed away from Sophia, her fangs ripping out of my flesh. I placed my hand hand upon my neck where blood rushed out like a stream that traveled from my neck to my shoulders where my shirt began to soak it up.

I looked at her enraged. She looked at me in shock covering her mouth that was covered in my deep red blood. Her hands shook as she looked at the mess she had made.

"I-uh-it-I didn't mean to-" she stuttered as she was inevitability left speechless by her actions. She reached out to me, trying to stop the never ending blood from flowing. I slapped her hand away from me, sending chills all through out her body.

"LEAVE!" I demanded. She was hesitant at first and I didn't think that she would obey me but surprisingly, she did. She stood up and ran out the door so fast that it sent a gush of wind flying through out the room, and with that she was gone. Gone with the blood she had taken, leaving the feelings planted deep within me. What should I do about all this blood? I have to make it stop.

I got a towel and held it to may neck so it could soak up all the blood. Maybe if I turn into a vampire, this will heal. I concentrated hard but nothing happened. I thought about how my parents abandoned me but still I remained the same. I tried over and over to sway my emotions, to change them into the desperate me that turns into a vampire whenever I feel uneasy, but nothing worked. My head became light and I was slowly losing consciousness. Then I heard the click of a door unlocking and I knew that soon, once the steam of the shower was gone, Lila would smell the sent of my blood and find my body slowly dying in the corner of the room.

What would she do then? I wondered. Would she desperately try to save what little life was left in me? Would she be tempted to drink the last few drops of blood that I had? Or perhaps would she not care and get rid of my body then search for a new human to help her on her journey, a real human.

Right now, I don't care who it is, please somebody help me. I can't save myself and even if someone does manage to come, its not a guarantee that i'll make it but still, when I die, I don't want to die alone. I would gladly accept death if the people I cared for, no, the people who cared for me, stayed by my side until my time of dying came.

I listened as the door opened and footsteps rushed towards me. By now I was on the floor gasping for breath as I looked up in hopes of seeing Lila for the last time. My body weakened and I fell on the floor unable to move, but I managed to look up at the person standing in front of me.