The Witch in the Woods

If what the ghost boy said was true, then if I free the so called witch from being trapped in that house then, will she be able to free me from my curse that is tying me down?

I stared at the now silent house that still looked creepy even as the sun shined down on it. The little boy said that anything that enters the witches land will get the life drained out of them so even if this isn't true I should test it just to make sure.

I bent down and pulled some grass out from the ground. Slowly, I made my way to the dried out and lifeless area. I stopped inches away from stepping onto the brown land and held out my arm ready to drop the grass. Although I was only holding out my arm, it felt like there was a pressure trying to pull my arm down to the ground. I quickly dropped the grass and pulled my arm back. One by one the pieces of grass slowly made their way to the floor and once they finally landed, the color of dark green that they once were rapidly turned to the color of everything else around that house, brown and dead. 

It was almost as if what the boy said was true. Lets pretend what the boy told me was true, then what? Am I going to actually try and risk my life to go save someone who might not even be worth saving? I took a few steps back and sat on the floor.

But then it also goes the other way around, what if I do risk my life and  I free the witch and get my wish granted. Is it worth it? Or am I going to run back to Lila's side and put her life in danger. I can't stay with her if all i'm going to want to do is kill her, and I can't try to live as a human if all i'm going to do is kill them too. Maybe I can live among the other vampires. 

A chill traveled over my body. I can't live with other vampires, right now, in my current state, I probably would end up wanting vampire blood more than a humans, and besides, i'm sure the vampires will think something is strange if a human tries to live with them and then the human suddenly turn into a blood thirsty monster. I sighed heavily and lied down.

There really is no place for a creature like me. I have no where to go and no where to return. I laughed aloud at my pitiful self.

I, who has done nothing wrong, was cursed with a twisted fate. I laughed  at myself once again. Even though I say I have done nothing wrong, I easily killed two men, and yet, there isn't even an ounce, no, not even a drop of regret that lingers in my mind for doing so. A human has a conscience to weigh them down but I, I have nothing.

In fact, being honest, I think I enjoyed drinking their blood. I think that if I had a chance to go back in time and and stop myself from killing them, I still probably wouldn't.

Lets face it, the reason I was chosen to have a fate like this is because, I, myself, probably asked for it. I bet the universe heard all of my twisted thoughts about the world, and chose me to carry this curse. And yet even so, as I walk this world along with this burden, I still expect people to like me? haha. This just shows how much of a fool I really am. To have so much hate for the world but expect them to still like me is to funny. 

 I got up and made my way back to where the brown land started. Since all the energy gets pulled downward, could she be locked in a basement? That would make sense I suppose. I circled around the area and examined every inch of it, trying to find another way to get in without using the front door. I have seen to many horror movies to know that walking in through the front door is too simple and something will happen. 

I circled the house over and over again then I came to my decision. The front door it is.

Although I did not want to use it, it seemed like the only option. I was going to use the windows, but they are probably locked. Wait, is the door locked? Nah it can't be, because then how could anybody get inside. I thought for a few more moments and realized that it probably is locked because the point of all this was to keep people from getting inside. I took a sigh and closed my eyes trying to think of another way. 

Hours passed and yet nothing I thought of would be able to work. I know! I can throw a rock at the window hard enough to break it and jump in from there. I was pleased with myself for once and decided to use this strategy. I walked around and picked up the hardest rocks I could find that weren't to big or to small. After collecting as many as I could, I set them in a pile and began throwing. 

As I threw the first one it missed along with the second and third. The fourth one hit it but not hard enough for it to break. This process repeated many times all failing. As I picked up my 22nd rock, I failed to notice the shard edge that was on it. I gripped it tightly and blood streamed down my hand. I didn't notice it until after I had thrown thrown the rock and somehow, that rock broke right through the window. I sighed in relief but quickly prepared myself for the mad dash I would make into the house.

I took a few steps back and got into a runners position. I took a few breaths in and out. At that moment, it was as if time itself stopped, and as I began rushing towards the house, it was as if time sped up with me. 

The moment my foot came into contact with the witches ground, lifting my foot up became immensely difficult. I trudged myself forward, not giving in. The pressure was so extreme, it felt like 100 pound weights were sinking me to the bottom of the ocean, though I was not even in water. After struggling my way to the front of the house I made it to the window, but trying to climb into a window when I can't even walk, seemed impossible. I wasn't sure if the pressure would be lifted inside the house or not but I knew for a fact I wouldn't be able to make it if I turned around and headed back. 

I grabbed onto the window seal, the air literally being sucked out of me, and attempted to pull myself up. While doing so I hadn't noticed until it went all the way through, that a shard of glass was on the window seal and that I had grabbed onto it, and it pierced through my flesh.

I thought for sure that if I lost blood I would become weaker but in fact it was doing the opposite. What's happening? Could be due to me changing into a vampire? At this moment I don't really care, I'm just thankful that I can get myself to a safer place, or so I thought.

As I pulled myself up and over the window I landed inside the dusty, hardly lighten room. It may have been day time outside, but inside it was the complete opposite. Even though it was hard to see I didn't complain because at least on the inside of the house, my life wasn't being drained, or at least it didn't feel like it. 

I walked around cautiously trying to find the basement although I did bump into a few things once or twice. Finally I felt my way to a door that had stairs going down. Just as I thought, the witch is probably down there. I slowly descended my way into the darkness. 

"Who's there?" A small, timid, voice cried. I looked around but saw nothing for it was to dark.

"U-Um i'm Aiden, I've come to get you out of here." I said squinting my eyes, hoping they would soon adjust to the darkness. To be honest, I was really quite afraid. Normally in movies when someone goes down into a dark basement by themselves knowing that there is something waiting for them, they end up dying. 

"Get me out?" the little voice said. "You mean I can finally leave?"

"Y-Yeah" I said. "Where are you?"

"I'm in the corner of the room, on your left side." she said. How does she know where I am? Can she see me? I slowly walked over to her and my eyes adjusted. I saw a small hand reach out to me and it looked to be that of a child's. I felt a little relived but then as she came out of the darkness something I didn't see coming happened.

The little girl who looked upon me, looked upon me with the red eyes of a vampire.

*TO BE CONTINUED*

*thanks for reading! LEAVE A COMMENT AND VOTE! I hope some of you still find this story entertaining and thank you for reading this far<3 You guys rock :3 To make up for me not updating for over a month I decided to update today instead of making you wait :D Also Check out my story Pet Boy if you havn't already! Oh yeah and Merry Christmas although its a bit early (^.^) Thaank you everyone again :3 Sorry for any spelling and grammer mistakes (>.<)