Seven: In Which Frank is High on Painkillers and Doesn't Care

Before they left the hospital, Frank got doped up on painkillers that put him way out of it. Gerard led him to the car and put him in the back seat, helping him strap in.

"I'm not a baby," Frank giggled, swatting at Gerard as he tried to help.

"You sure are acting like one," Gerard said, rolling his eyes and letting his hand linger on Frank's for a second before hurrying to get into the car himself.

Frank and Gerard stole quick glances at each other, Frank giggling each time he met Gerard's eyes. When Ray pulled onto the highway, Frank slid his hand to Gerard's, giving it a quick squeeze before pulling away. Gerard caught Mikey's stare in the rearview mirror and glared at his brother, shouting none of your business with only his eyes.

"So," Mikey said, raising his eyebrows in response to Gerard's glare. "The ghost."

"Yeah. What happened after we left?" Gerard asked his brother.

"She was murdered on her wedding night. You guys found that out before, but she said some stuff about her fiancé being unfaithful, and that she was poisoned. I think her fiancé killed her, probably because he found out she knew he was unfaithful," Mikey said, handing Gerard the black case notebook. "I wrote it all down."

Gerard nodded, opening the book and pulling a pen out of his pocket.

"We still don't know why she pushed the bookshelf over or did that whole 'sinner' thing," Ray added. "You said you had an idea, Gee?"

"Mm? Oh, yeah," Gerard kept his eyes down. "It's just an idea... might not have any truth..."

"What is it?" Frank asked, not having any of Gerard's stalling.

"When I left the church, I got called that a lot for, y'know, being queer and everything," Gerard said in a small voice. "She might've meant that."

Frank grabbed Gerard's hand, not caring if Mikey looked back at them. He couldn't find the words to try to console Gerard, so he hoped the physical contact could transfer his feelings to Gerard, trying to send him happy feelings.

"Sorry," Mikey said. "You could be right... I mean, when did she die? The fifties? Those weren't the... best times to be alive."

"Yeah," Gerard said. "I dunno, it was just a thought."

---

For the first time since they first kissed, Frank and Gerard were alone together. Mikey and Ray were at the store, picking up food for dinner and salt. Apparently, people who dealt with ghosts for a living could forget to buy salt. This left Frank and Gerard alone where Ray and Mikey had left them, sat down in front of the tv, watching the news. Gerard was re-reading the case notebook, barely looking up. Frank sat on the other end of the couch, awkwardly fiddling with his cast. The pain killers were beginning to wear off, and his arm was thrumming softly with slight pain.

"Gee?" Frank said quietly.

Gerard looked up at Frank, their eyes meeting. He looked back down, biting his lip. "Uhuh?"

"Can we talk about it?"

"What? The kiss?" Gerard said.

"Yeah," Frank said, pulling his legs up under him and turning his whole body to face Gerard.

"I don't think there's a lot to talk about," Gerard said. "We kissed, that's it."

"But..." Frank drew back, slightly hurt. "What if I wanted to kiss you again?"

Gerard's eyes widened as he looked at the other man. "Do you?"

Frank nodded hastily, pushing himself slightly closer to Gerard. Gerard grabbed Franks good arm and pulled him into a tight hug, Frank's weight pushing him down onto his back. Frank pushed himself up slightly, straddling Gerard and leaning down to kiss him. Gerard kissed back harder, pulling Frank back down. The two men lay intertwined for a few minutes, kissing and giggling softly. Gerard wrapped his arms around Frank's waist, letting the shorter man continue to lie on him, face buried in Gerard's neck.

"Frank?" Gerard whispered.

"Mhm?" Frank hummed turning his head to look at Gerard.

"Your cast is digging into my chest."

"Oh, sorry!" Frank said moving his arm out so that it was hanging off the side of the couch.

Gerard ran his hand up and down Frank's back. "Does it still hurt?"

"Not too much," Frank said. "It was worth breaking it."

"What do you mean by that?" Gerard exclaimed.

Frank giggled. "Cause I got to kiss you. Twice. And save your life, but mainly I got to kiss you."

Gerard smiled. "You're such a sap."

Frank grinned back and lay his head back down on Gerard. "Only when it comes to you."

They heard the apartment door open, and Mikey called out "We're home!"

Gerard pushed Frank up and the quickly scooted to opposite sides of the couch before Mikey and Ray caught sight of them.

"Hey, Mikeyway!" Gerard said hastily. "What's for dinner?"

So, there was a little plot in here. Sorry it's so short. I'm actually pretty proud of this story, not because it's well written (because god no it's horribly written. very bland) or because people read it (they dont) but i've actually kept at it and I'm confident I'll be able to finish! So, yeah, any one who's read this, i'm very happy you did. <3