Chapter 35: Little Kelly

"How 'bout this one?" Jack asks, showing me a picture of a house. It's a cute little house, but I have to turn it down.

"Nah, Spot wouldn't like the color a the roof," I tell Jack who groans and tosses the pictures on his dining room table.

"Spot don't like anythin'," Jack says. I look at him and then, back at the picture of the house. "I can tell ya like it. Go talk ta him."

"I guess you's right," I decide. I grab the picture and flip it over. Two bedrooms and a master bedroom, a bathroom, a living room, a kitchen with a stove. It had everything we needed and was right in our budget. "I gotta go talk ta Spot."

With that, I head out the door and start down the street to the New York Sun office. I open the door and Denton greets me happily. He did, in fact, show up to the wedding and I couldn't be more grateful to him.

"You're husband's in his office," Denton tells me. I nod and open the door of the office. Spot looks up at the click of the door and smiles.

"'Ello, Mrs. Conlon," he greets me, accenting 'Mrs.' He walks to me and twirls me around. When he sets me down, he lays a hand gently on my stomach. "And, 'ello little Conlon."

I giggle and Spot and I sit on the the couch in his office.

"So, what brings me wife here?" Spot asks, barely escaping bursting of pride as he addresses me as his wife. I pull the picture out of my pocket.

"This," I say. Spot looks at it, knits his eyebrows, and shakes his head.

"Nah, I don't like the color a the roof," he says. If I wasn't pissed about it, I would've laughed knowing that's what I said he'd say.

"I told Jack ya would say that," I tell him. I look at the picture. "What if ya could loin ta like the roof?"

"I--," Spot begins.

"No, stop bein' difficult!" I snap, which isn't like me. It might just be hormones from the baby. "I don't know why you's actin' like this, but I don't like it. I like this house, it's got everythin' we need, 'n it's right in our budget."

"Jaylinn--."

"Spot, can'tcha jus compromise?" I plead with him. "No offense ta me brudda, but I wanna live wit me husband."

"Okay," Spot says. "We'll get the house."

I can't help the grin that breaks out onto my face.

"Thank ya so much!" I say, wrapping my arms around Spot's neck and hugging him. I peck his lips. "I gotta get goin' and talk ta some people about the house."

"And, I's gotta get back ta woik," Spot replies. "I love ya."

"I love ya too," I answer. He kisses me once passionately and then, I exit the office in a hurry.

I dress in one of my best dresses and start to the bank. I take out money from the bank account and I go to the office.

"Hello," I say to the receptionist. I drop my accent for the occasion. "I'm Jaylinn Conlon and I'm here to speak with somebody about a house."

"Do you have the mortgage money?" she asks me. I nod. "I'll take that and you can go back to see Mr. Levani now. He'll help you."

"Thank you," I say. I go into the back and see Mr. Levani. Or, should I say Kid Blink. "Blink!"

"Jay!"

We embrace each other happily. He pulls away, grabbing my shoulders.

"My god, ya look so beautiful 'n grown up," he says. Then, he notices the rings on my finger and holds my hand up. "'N married! Ta who?"