Chapter Six: Burned Bridges

Footsteps echoed throughout the cave as a large group of men and women came in through the entrance, many of them were marred with injuries. Most of them burns and grazes, some of the burns so serious that a few had to be carried. Taylor had slept by Mylar's bedside the whole night and had been awoken by the sound of the group arriving. He immediately got to his feet then proceeded to run over to help; he approached two men helping another to walk along one of which was injured himself and struggling.

The man they were helping was missing an arm and had the wound wrapped up with a bandage. Taylor was about to speak out to them and offer his help when the uninjured man helping to support the armless one locked eyes with him and they were instantly filled with anger. 

"Get the fuck away from us we don't want your help, coward" spat the man, they continued onward as Taylor stopped in shock at the man's words. 

The rest of the group were all giving him the same look, it was an awful feeling and all he could do was stand there whilst he lowered his head in shame. "After all I did abandon them, why would they want my help now" He sulked as he walked back to his spot by Mylar and sat down. He watched solemnly as the rest of the returning Arturion's passed him by, at the very back was the one person he could never miss. Her hair fell long and glorious in its folds of black as she untied it from a bunched up neat ponytail.

It cascaded over the back of her black leather jacket making it appear even more beautiful than imaginable. He trained his gaze of her hour glass figure until he'd found her face, it was full of sadness and it ruined its otherwise natural beauty. 

"Kimiko!" shouted Taylor, before he got to his feet. He hadn't meant to call out to her but he couldn't help himself.

He didn't even expect her to talk to him but he was at least going to try. She turned her head and stopped when she saw him standing there, he may have looked different but she recognized sky blue orbs that had fixed upon her. She didn't say anything, all she did was run head on toward him and jump into his arms as he stretched them out wide to except her embrace. Tears had begun to fall from her eyes while she nuzzled into the nape of his neck, and felt as though she just wanted to hold him forever.

The minutes passed with neither of them saying anything until Kimiko pulled her face from his neck, and then planted a soft wet kiss on his lips with the biggest smile he'd ever seen from her. 

"I was worried that you'd never come back. Where have you been?" Her eyes were so full of questions and Taylor wanted to answer them all, but it was going to take time. 

"A place that I don't want to think about. I'm sorry that I left it was so cowardly and I didn't even think that you'd want to know me after what I've done" replied Taylor. Who could no longer keep eye contact with her. 

"Well you're okay, that's all that matters. It would take several life times before I even felt that way, most of the Arturion's don't agree though. Even Jamie said that he didn't want you back, he's not been himself since Lavernock" she said. There was something else that she wasn't telling him and by the look in her eyes it wasn't good news. 

"Kimiko, what happened after I left?" asked Taylor, he used his thumb and forefinger to tilt her head to face him which had pointed downward after mentioning Lavernock. 

"I suppose its better you hear it from me," said Kimiko and she started to tell what happened at the battle of Lavernock Point.