Chapter Twenty: Burying Old Rivalries

Chapter Twenty: Burying Old Rivalries.

Cyturion Rendezvous Position, South Chippenham 

Darkened flames descended removing any obscurity from Noran's sight to be greeted by Kirill and the remainder of their army. Kirill looked unconcerned by the condition of his leader but still came forward to help him to his feet, and escort him to the medical area. He was led into a rubble filled building which still stood despite the amount of damage done to its foundations, all around there were others wounded and in one area a cluster of bodies covered in plastic sheeting. 

"So how goes the attack, Noran? We haven't had word for well over an hour now, I was close to ordering the rest of our forces through the town to help mop up" asked Kirill, his lack of concern still present. 

"We are still making ground, however the Arturion's are slowing us somewhat and the humans are so far undeterred by our show of force. At the moment they've only sent ground troops after us, but that could soon change if they feel the need for missile strikes and helicopters" said Noran. 

"Then maybe it is time we move our entire army forward and the same in Swindon as well. We must finish what we started and show these human's what real strength is" said Kirill. 

Noran considered his answer before it was given, there were so many variables to consider if they were to send their entire mite forth and just as many if they didn't. On the other hand he had to show strength during a time of battle, and this occasion would be no different. 

"Send them in, but they are only to hunt Arturion's and soldiers. They need not waste time on killing unarmed peasants, their death's will come after we have conquered this country" replied Noran. 

"Very well, sir. I will give the order and take the command of our forces in Chippenham while you allow your wound to heal" he said before beginning to make his exit to the street outside. 

"I will do no such thing, Kirill! You are not taking this moment from me, you think I do not know what your ambitions are" snapped Noran, an ear piercing cough followed it and he instantly regretted the outburst. 

"You are blind, because I hold no ambition to overthrow you. I will tell you why, because my cause is to see this world and the very foundation's it stands upon burnt to ash. If I wanted to take power I could kill you right now as you are, but that is not what I seek, sir" he edged closer with every syllable spoken until he was almost nose to nose with Noran. 

"Have your way then. But I warn you now, if you are to come so close as to almost touch me again Kirill. I will burn you and the sly look upon your face into nothingness" he growled as the rage seethed like liquid malice within his very veins. 

"I'll try to remember. Join us as soon as you are ready" said Kirill and departed through the gap where a door had once been. 

Noran was left with his malice, but took comfort in knowing that their finally obstacle was so close to being removed and that he would finally be able to keep his promise to his king after so many years past. 

Swindon, Taylor's Unit. 

Blood and fire merged as one, the sizzle of the man's life blood as it was sprayed out from the gaping wound in his neck. His face was a picture of utter shock even though he had watched the sky blue blade descend upon him, before biting into his flesh. Taylor wasted no time in finishing the Cyturion by tearing his blade through the muscle of his neck and out the other side, effectively hastening his passing. Bodies, which was all he could see. Cyturion, Arturion and just regular people they all made up the corpses that covered almost every inch of the street they were fighting on.