Chapter Fourteen: Making Up With Fisty Cuffs

Chapter Fourteen: Making Up With Fisty Cuffs

Peak Cavern, Arturion Base

The television's volume which was fed through the generator set back against the cave wall was turned the entire way up so all that were gathered in the main living quarters could hear it clearly, not a soul gave any sound they merely watched in silence and shock at the images. On the screen stood a broad set man with auburn hair hanging close to his eyes and he was stood behind a small raised desk with microphones attached to it. James Damerton the deputy prime minister of the United Kingdom looked haggard and beyond exhausted as he called out the words they all couldn't believe that they were hearing. 

"It is with deepest regret that I must inform the British public that at nine-thirty yesterday evening, prime minister Karl Jackson along with five members of his security team were brutally murdered within number 10. The culprit we believe to be one of these so called "Embers", as of this moment I am acting prime minister of Great Britain and I send you this message" he said, and his eyes looked directly into the camera that fixed on him at that moment and stayed there. 

"You have two options, cease this conflict within our country or stay and face retribution. There will be no trial for you, no jury and no judge for your defence. Our forces have been instructed to shoot on sight without exception, innocent lives have been taken and we as a country will not stand for it" Those were his final words before the screen went blank as it was turned off followed by several disgruntled complaints. 

"Enough! Everyone back to your business" shouted a voice from the middle of the crowd. Those in front turned to see a fully healed Taylor stood holding the remote to the tv, and coupled with it a look of utter anger on his face. 

"Why should we listen to you?" a voice wrapped in a thick German accent came from in front of him. It came from a man not much older than Taylor with scruffy mousy brown hair cut short. He was much shorter than the man he challenged and not as buff either. 

"Don't test me, or I swear I'll... he had begun to say before being cut off by the abrupt entrance of Mylar pushing his way through the crowd to stand between the two men. 

"Back off Meinhard, and show some respect for your king when he issues an order" snapped Mylar his face contorted into a snarl. 

"He is no king of mine, or any of us for that matter!" his voice carried higher so all could hear, and in no time the Arturion army's attention was focused on the conflict. 

"Forget it Mylar, he's right I'm not. I haven't earned the right but I will, come with me Meinhard please I have a job for you" said Taylor unexpectently, he turned and walked away the crowd parted for him to leave. 

Meinhard stood rooted the spot wrestling with the decision, but in the end he willed his legs to carry the rest of his body in Taylor's direction. Mylar stood just as shocked at the sudden mood shift, and more so by what job it was he had in mind for Meinhard. He followed himself keen on finding out more on the matter. Eventually he came to the command tent where inside stood Taylor, Meinhard and Derrek. Their heads craned up to see him standing in the door way to the make shift command room and he was greeted with a smile from Derrek but mere nods from the other two. 

"I've called the both of you here because I want you to scout the Cyturion base, we've learned of its location from the woman we caught a couple of days ago. It's an abandoned asylum in Stannington, here are the photographs we retrieved from the internet" he said passing them to the two young men. 

"These two seem small for a scouting party, we usually send four at most" he commented as he saw the pictures, but it wasn’t his first time seeing them as he'd gone himself to the closest internet cafe to get them.