Chapter Twenty-One: No More Killing

Taylor's Unit, Swindon. 

Blades, spears and all manner of fiery ethereal weaponry clashed in bright violent clashes in the street. Blacks and white flames merged as one in the literal heat of combat between the remainder of Taylor's unit, against yet another wave of Cyturion's. There were only five Arturion's left including Taylor against forty or so battle fresh and deadly Cyturion's. Taylor's swords crossed over the other before relieving a man of his head from his neck, then proceeding to knocking the corpse to the ground with a harsh kick. 

Amazingly enough they had been able to hold their ground. If it hadn't been for Taylor dispatching five or so Cyturion's at a time, they would have been overwhelmed long before that. He came across a massing of seven or eight after taking out the male Cyturion moments previous, they were clearly apprehensive about approaching him but they seemed prepared to fight if they had to. Not giving them time to decide Taylor threw his blades up so they pointed to the very heavens, and out from them shot a ball of fire each. 

They rose and rose into the sky until the clouds swallowed them whole and out of sight. The Cyturion's grinned and began to advance assuming that the attack wouldn't bring any real threat, it was their grins that faded as they were met with Taylor's own. The two spheres of sky blue flames were being controlled from Taylor by the use of his Gladius’; he'd never been taught to do such a thing he was merely experimenting. With incredible force the two projectiles came crashing down onto two of the encroaching Cyturion's, impact was followed by a stupendous boom as fire crawled over the remaining six like snakes through grass. 

Every inch of flesh was consumed filling the air with their screams along with the putrid scent of charred skin. It burned at the rim of his nostril's detesting and twisting his senses until it was almost all he could focus on.  That was until he saw him; he walked through the chaos of battle as though he thought himself a god. Marcelo was clad from head to foot in black, the clothing he wore was tight clearly meant so he wasn't hindered during battle and in doing so showing off almost every part of his body normally hidden. 

Their eyes had already met the moment he came on the scene, his own were brimming with maddening glee as he stared down his prey eager for the taste of revenge. Neither spoke at first they only held their glares with the other, all others nearby stayed clear of the confrontation and allowed them to have their own separate fight without interruption. 

"I've been looking for you Mr Roth; you have proved very elusive and from what my forces tell me very deadly. Seeing as you and your little group have successfully managed to kill over a hundred of my troops" surprisingly he sounded angry, Taylor wouldn't have expected him to care at all about the men and women under his command. 

"Ha. Now are you angry that you've lost people or that you just can't stand the fact that you've been upstaged by so few of us?" quizzed Taylor, it was the funniest thing he'd done all day teasing Marcelo. Others would call it stupid but he didn't care anymore, he wanted the man angry. 

"You are walking a very fine line boy, this is making me want to kill you even slower than before. Heavens knows Samuel deserves to look down and watch you suffer!" then he began to bound toward his prey. 

Blood red tongues of flames rippled to life over his arms all the way to his hands until in his hands were formed a pair of twin machetes. Both blades were swung in from the right at a horizontal angle aimed for Taylor's rib cage; he brought his own short swords into their path blocking the incredibly strong blow. Their weapons clashed with devastating effect sending a shockwave of energy off in all directions, effectively knocking down several Arturion's and Cyturion's alike.