Chapter Sixteen: Unsteady Alliances

Chapter Sixteen: Unsteady Alliances

"The government has yet to issue a statement on the incident that took place in Swindon earlier today where an explosion, one of gigantic proportions tore through a mile radius of office buildings. So far it's estimated that a hundred and twelve people have died in this horrific tragedy with many still unaccounted for which many believe was carried out by the supernatural group of people calling themselves 'Embers'. People are beginning to question whether they are safe in their homes and if their government can protect them, and now we go to Ollie Marston with interviews with the public on the attack" The woman's words were deafening to the Arturion army as they watched the TV screen yet again for the second time in the last few days, following devastation caused by their war. 

The camera feed switched to a middle aged man with cropped dark hair and bold features as he, began to talk to a woman outside of her house with microphone in hand. The words were drenched in fear and the horror in her eyes told them all they needed to know, the humans were going to be on the war path and they were directly in the firing line. Mylar and Ryne stood amongst the crowd watching and shared the same concern, if only they'd known who had prevented the attack from spreading. 

"You know it's surprising nobody filmed what Taylor did, I mean we live in an age where there's a camera on every phone". said Mylar, he was one of the older Arturion's but probably the only one with a firm grasp on modern technology. 

"I couldn't say Mylar, but we need to be careful now more than ever. It makes things tricky enough that we're being hunted by humans and Cyturion's now we've really given the government to come after us and harder than before". replied Ryne his eyes not leaving the screen as a title flashed across the screen in yellow with black lettering spelling out breaking news. 

They all went quiet as the story began. We have just received credible amateur footage of the blast that took place in Swindon today; the footage was taken at close proximity from the blast. We warn our viewers that this contains flashing images. The feed cut to the amateur video, it started out with camera pointed at the ground until it panned up to show a figure stood in the distance. Shrouded in sky blue flames was Taylor as his tidal wave of fire roared up to meet the oncoming explosion of obsidian tongues stretching as high as his own. The footage continued up until the very point where Taylor had performed Gralou and absorbed the blast and had sent it up into the sky, and that was when the video was cut out. 

“Huh, you were saying Mylar” said Ryne with a smirk.

“Well I think it’s time that we pay the new prime minister a visit, let’s go wake up Taylor we’ll need him for what’s to come” he said then turned and muscled his way out of the crowd not concerned about upsetting anyone along the way.

“I can’t see this ending well Patrick, we’ll probably get shot at by the end of today” said Ryne.

“We’ve sat in the shadows for too long Abjorn; it’s time for us to do something. Our best chance is to align ourselves with the British government before any more damage is done. This was always going to happen, the war is out in the open for the rest of the world to see and we need to stop it before the rest of the world turns on us” he grunted as they finally emerged from the crowd continuing their march toward the bunk where Taylor had been recuperating for the last few hours.

A pair of figures sat on the bottom of the bunk that had been occupied by Taylor and Kimiko, it happened to be them. They were deep in a heated conversation until the clearing of Mylar’s throat redirected their attention away from the discussion. Looking into Taylor’s eyes anyone could see that he was beyond exhausted, and after what he’d managed to pull off it was impressive that he was even still conscious. Shadows had formed under his eyes and their arrival didn’t seem to interest him all that much.