Chapter 7

Shout Out To TyrajiYoutube I cry every time I see this video..... But this is actually how I pictured Marcus and Candace's relationship to be (Who are played by Taraji & Tyrese in this story)

Candace -

"MJ baby come on!" I yelled as I grabbed my phone off the living room table. "I'm coming mom dang," he mumbled as he came downstairs. "Watch your attitude little boy, come on," I said as I grabbed my purse. "Whatever,"he mumbled under his breath. "What you say?" I asked as I pulled him back. "Nothing," he replied. "I know yo black ass didn't," I said as I closed the door.

We got inside the car and then I drove off. I looked at him the mirror as he put his headphones in his ear. I didn't know why but lately MJ had gotten a bad attitude with both me and Marcus. Of course Marcus ignored it, but I was well aware of it, and I didn't like it, I was very concerned about him.

"Okay baby have a good -" before I could even finish my sentence, MJ had got out the car and slammed the door. I watched him as he walked up to the school. I didn't know why but it seemed like he was changing. He was turning cold hearted. He wasn't the cheerful, happy little boy that I fell in love with. Not saying that I would stop loving him, because I will always love him.

I shook my head and drove off to work. I pulled up in the parking lot, and cut the engine down. I looked out into the parking lot and flash backs from the night Jarvis attacked me and Grace replayed through my mind like a movie. I closed my eyes and shook my head.

"Get yourself together Candace," I said as I grabbed my key out the ignition. I reached in the back seat and grabbed my briefcase and my bottle of water.

I closed and locked the doors, and then proceeded to walk inside the building. "Morning Candace you ready for our meeting today?" Edward asked as he got on the elevator with me.

"Yeah I'm ready where supposed to be meeting our new corporate vendors today right?" I asked as I pressed the button for the fifth floor.

"Yes, Mr. Waters is supposed to introduce to us some new people who are looking to add to our magazine, I'm really actually looking forward to it," he said.

"Yeah the meetings at nine right?" I asked as I looked at my watch. "Yeah it's at nine, I'll see you then," he said as we both stepped off the elevator.

"Alright," I replied as I walked over to Andrea's desk. "Morning boss lady, you looking cute today," Andrea smiled.

"Thank you, what do I have on my schedule today?" I asked as I sipped my water.

"Okay of course you know Mr. Waters called a meeting at 9:00," she said as she scrolled through her computer.

"Yeah I know I have to go and print out my notes anything else?" I ask.

"Yeah, you have an appointment with Apple, you have to call and schedule to see if we can get some type of advertisement for our commercial, along with calling Nike and Puma," she replied.

"Alright I'll get right on those phone calls listen I need you to look up some youth centers for me, some around my neighborhood, check and see what activities they have and what programs they offer," I said.

"Alright I'll get on it," she replied. I nodded and walked down the hall to the lunch room and threw away my bottle of water. Then I washed my hands and grabbed me a couple of Glazed donuts.

I started eating my donuts as I made my way into my office. I turned on the lights and walked over to my desk. I powered up my computer and looked through my files for my notes that I've written up for today's meeting. I printed them out, stapled them together and put them in my portfolio, along with my notepad and my sketches.