Chapter 9

Candace -

After finding out that MJ was missing, me and Marcus started making phone calls. The chief of police, my mom, Marcus's mom, and Grace's mom showed up at the house.

We answered a few questions and I tried my best to calm down but I couldn't. All I could think about was MJ. Where he could of gone, if somebody possibly seen him. I prayed hoping somebody would find him and bring him home.

My hands began to shake, as I walked back and forth listening to the police officers asking a bunch of questions that we've already answered.

I was beginning to get very frustrated. "Candace baby you need to sit down and relax honey I can tell you're getting stressed," my mom said as she patted the empty spot on the couch next to her.

"Mommy I can't sit down right now," I said as I rubbed my stomach. "Candace Witherspoon," she replied as she gave me a stern look.

I took a deep breath and went to sit down. "Alright Officers thank you," Marcus said as he closed the door and came into the living room.

"Baby what did they say? Are they going to go find him?" I asked as I walked over to him.

"Yeah their going to search the neighborhoods, it's too early to do a missing persons report," he said with his head down.

"Well where could he have gone?" His mom asked as she grabbed her chest.

"I don't know mama I'm gone go find him," he replied.

I began caressing his head as kissed his forehead. He rubbed my lower back and took a deep breath as he put his forehead against mines.

"I'm gone go ahead and look for him," he mumbled.

"Okay baby, we're going to find him okay," I replied as I looked into his eyes. I saw the tears forming so I embraced him a hug.

"I love you baby," I said as I pecked his lips.

"I love you too," he replied.

"I'm going to stay here just in case he comes back," I replied.

"Alright," he replied as he kissed my forehead and then grabbed his hoodie.

"Marcus you be careful out there," Grace's mom replied.

"Yes baby call us if you hear anything," his mom added.

"Alright make sure y'all stay by your phones," he said as he grabbed me by my waist and pecked my lips.

"Come on let's gather hands and pray now," Grace's mom said as she stood up. We gathered in a circled and began praying for MJ's safety. We prayed that Marcus would be able to find him, and that there would be peace between the two of them.

We asked for God's guidance and direction. I just prayed that God answered our prayers, I honestly wouldn't be able to function if something happened to MJ. He was my life line. He was my son, he was the only thing I cared about. If we didn't find him I was loose my mind.

Jarvis -

"Yo man come on my nigga, stop hogging the blunt," I laughed as I drove down Central Street with my boy Tank.

"Man did you pay for this shit? Did you pay for it?" He laughed.

"You a bitch nigga," I laughed as I turned down Forrest Street.

Just as I turned the corner I saw a small figure sitting on the stoop of an old abandoned building. I stopped the car and pulled over.

"Yo wassup my nigga why you stop?" He asked.

"Shut up," I said as I held my fingers up not taking my eyes off the figure on the stoop.

The lil dude stood up and I saw a SpiderMan logo. Something in my mind was telling me that was MJ just off of how he moved around.

I looked at the clock and it read 6:30 pm. I knew it wasn't MJ cause one, his over protective ass daddy wouldn't let him out by his self better yet alone in these neck of the woods.

"What the hell he doing out here," I said to myself.

"Yo ain't that Grace lil boy?" Polo asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"You know we got the upper hand right?" He laughed.

"What you mean?" I asked.

"If we kid nap him, put out a ransom, then we can have them motherfuckers paying us," he laughed.

"I always knew you was my boy ,"I smiled. "Let's get em," I said as I grabbed the rope out the glove compartment.

Polo opened the door and I grabbed his arm. "Put this on, he's seen you before," I said as I gave him a mask.

We put our masks on and jumped out the car. We ran across the street and over to were he was.

"What do you want from me?!" MJ screamed.

"Shut up!" Polo yelled as he reached to grab him.

"No! Help! Help me!" MJ yelled.

"Come here!" Polo yelled as he grabbed him.

I took the rope and tied his legs as well as his arms. "Help! Help!" He yelled as he kicked and tried to break free.

"Man shut up!" Polo yelled as he punched him. I grabbed him and we ran back across the street. I pumped the trunk and threw him inside. We hopped back in the car and drove off into the distance.

Marcus -

I been looking high and low for MJ and I couldn't find him. I pulled the car over and cut the engine down. I tried to think of were he could have gone. I checked all the parks, shelters, basketball courts, I even went to his friends house and looked. Still no MJ.

I was about to have a break down, because I didn't know what to do, where to go. Then it hit me. I needed to see Grace. I started the car and drove off to the cemetery.

Once I made it there, I hopped out the car and walked over to Grace's grave site. As I kneeled down on my knees I couldn't stop the tears from falling down my face.

"Grace," I sobbed as I held onto her tombstone. "I failed you, I can't find him," I sobbed as I kneeled down.

I listened as the wind whistled and I could of sworn I heard her call my name. I could of sworn I heard her voice calling out to me. I wiped my eyes and looked up to the sky.

I didn't know what she was trying to say to me, I didn't know what, but it was something. I took a deep breath and stood up. I put my hands in my pocket and looked down to the ground. I then something in my spirit began speaking to me. I knew exactly who had him. Jarvis.