Chapter 10

Marcus -

I pulled my car into the drive way and got and slammed the door shut. I didn't even have to open the door Candace opened the door. "Oh my god hey baby I was so worried," she said as she embraced me in a hug.

"Any luck on finding him?" She asked as she wiped her eyes. I could tell by the puffiness and how red they were she had been crying all day.

"No I didn't find, but something in my soul tells me Jarvis has him," I replied.

"What? Baby no Jarvis is ... could he be alive?" She asked.

"Yeah, couple weeks ago I was in the grocery store and I could of sworn I saw him following me but when I turned around I saw nothing," I replied as I rubbed my temples.

"It's funny you say that," she said as she walked into the house fidgeting.

"What you mean?" I asked.

"I could of sworn I saw him at my job, but when I went after him it was like he disappeared," she replied.

"He's playing mind games, he's trying to scare us, and he probably saw MJ by himself and took this as an advantage over us," I replied.

"What if he hurts my baby Marcus," she replied as tears began to rush down her eyes.

"Baby everything's going to be okay, I'm going to find him, and when I do he won't have an opportunity to hurt Mj, I'm going to give him two days to make an appearance," I replied.

"No! I can't wait two days Marcus. Our son is out there.. Grace told me to take care of him and I-"

"Baby, it's going to be alright just trust me," I said as I grabbed her by her waist and kissed her forehead.

"Okay," she said barely above a whisper. She let go and walked up the stairs with her head down.

I wanted to go after her but I just chose not too. Instead I turned right back around and went out the door.

I got in my car and headed to my church. Word of Faith Baptist Church. I saw a few cars in the lot so I pulled in and parked my car. I got out and walked up the steps into the double glass doors of the Mega Church.

I walked inside and saw my Pastor, Pastor Carlton standing up front talking to three of the church mothers. I walked down the aisle and stood their. I couldn't continue to hold my emotions. I broke down and cried because I felt defeated. I fell down to the ground on my knees and I immediately began to feel the mothers hands on my back and on my head. They started praying for me, and Pastor Carlton put oil on my forehead and began to pray for me.

They prayed for me for about thirty minutes. After the prayer I felt better. "Marcus now you remember, vengeance is mine said the lord, this is not you're battle. It's God's, you let him guide you. Don't let anger control you're heart, this man is not going to get away with this, and MJ is in Gods care. He sees and he knows every thing. When MJ gets back into you're hands I promise you not a scratch will be on him, he's Gods child Marcus, be obedient, follow him," Pastor Carlton replied.

"Yes sir," I said as I nodded my head. "Now Go home and read proverbs 3:5-6 and pray on it, talk with the lord and rest, and when you wake up in the morning pray again, and I promise you things will work out," he replied.

I gave the church mothers a hug and then I left. When I got home I headed upstairs and Candace was up reading her bible.

"Hey baby," I said as I climbed in bed with her.

"Hi sweetheart," she said as she kissed my cheek. I wrapped my arms around her waist and laid my head on her chest.

I kissed her neck and she smiled. She closed her bible and looked up at the ceiling. "Marcus I'm going to stay at my moms house for a few days," she replied as she wiped her eyes.

"Damn so times get hard and you up and leaving me?" I asked.

"Baby it's not like that. I went to comb my hair today and balls of my hair fell out, I haven't gotten any sleep, I can't eat, because I can think about his MJ. No he's not my son, but I love him like he's my own child. I've grown a deep connection with him, and just the fact that he's gone and he's in danger hurts. This is just too much stress on me and it's not healthy for the baby," she replied as she took a Kleenex and wiped her eyes.

I nodded my head and sat up in the bed. I rested my head up against the head board and took a deep breath.

"You know I want whatever's best for you and the baby so if you think that's best baby then I won't argue with you, just know that I love you and I appreciate you for all the things you do, and I'm sorry if this is stressing you out love," I said as I grabbed her hand and kissed it. She looked at me with tears building up in her eyes.

"Don't do that to me," I said as I wiped her eyes. "You know I hate seeing you cry," I replied as I kissed her cheek. I started sucking on her ear and biting down on her ear lobe.

"Baby stop it," she whined. I laughed and kissed her forehead." I love you," I said as I caressed her cheek.

"I love you too," she replied. Just as I went to lean in for another kiss, the phone rung and we both looked at each other.

I got up and walked over to the phone with Candace on my heels. I looked at her and then picked up the phone.

"Hello," I answered.

"Well well well, Attorney Marcus Henderson, fiancé  of my ex girl Candace, how's life treating you?" Jarvis laughed.

"Where's my son, you son of a bitch!" I yelled.

"Woah woah woah, no need to be hostile Attorney Henderson. I tried to come off as friendly, you don't like my friendly gesture? Hey okay. Let's get right to it then," he smiled as he leaned back in his chair.

"What the fuck do you want?" I asked.

"Twenty five million dollars cash, or your precious son will meet his mother in hell," he replied.

"When you want it?" I asked.

"Oh no I'm not doing business with you Put Candace on the phone," he smirked.

"You ain't talking to Candace bitch you talk to me! Now when and where do you want the money?" I asked.

"I'll call you," he replied.

"Let me speak to my son!" I yelled.

Jarvis held the phone up to Mj's mouth as Polo ripped the tape off.

"Dad! Dad!" MJ cried.

"MJ! " I yelled.

"I think that's enough," Jarvis replied

"Dad! Dad!" MJ yelled.

"Shut up!" Jarvis yelled as he punched MJ and hung the phone up.

"Hello! Hello! Jarvis!" I yelled as I slammed the phone down.

I punched the mirror and glass shattered everywhere.

"Baby, baby calm down," Candace said as she grabbed me and held me in her arms.

I pulled back and stepped in my shoes. "Marcus where are you going?!" She yelled.

I snatched my phone off the night stand along with my keys not once bothering to respond to her.

"Marcus!" She yelled.

She ran down the steps and out the door.

"Marcus!" Candace yelled again. I got in the car and turned the music all the way up as I backed out the driveway and down the street.