Chapter 2

"It's your freshman year and you're going to be here for the next four years in this townnnnn. All those senior boys are going to wink at you and say, ' you know i haven't seen you around before'." 

I sang this in my head as a senior boy pushed me down into the gravel. "Fresh meat! Welcome to high school hell!" he shouted, puffing out his chest in a macho stance. "Yes, real macho. Shoving down a 15 year old girl in the gravel." I muttered under my breath, the stinging in my knees dulling slightly, but the pain remaining. The jock stared at me, a dumbfounded look written across his square-ish face. He just shook his head at me, laughing a deep, barking, ugly laugh. "Aw how cute. Little four eyes thinks she's special just cause she's a girl." He heckled, elbowing his buddy in the ribs to help him out. They both laughed deep throated chuckles as I picked myself off the ground. "Assholes." I swore, as they walked away. The simple way they walked you could tell they were so cocky and full of themselves. I brushed the gravel out of my hair and looked around, to see if anyone else had seen my first embarrasing high school boy encounter of a long list of many to come. No one seemed to be paying much attention, everyone was off in their own little world's. I guess how most things were though, not just high school. Wherever you went, everyone would always be worrying more about themselves and their own business then yours. 

But as I was entering deep, philosophical thought about this, I caught his eye. I self conciuosly fixed my thick, hipster, black glasses and tucked a strand of my dirty brown hair behind my ear. Yes, dirty brown. My hair was like the color of dirt. Awesome, right? Yeah. I didn't think so either.

He was sitting against a brick wall, completly isolated. He was mexican, with a short buzz cut, wearing a bright red sports jacket with dark jeans and a pair of jordan's. He had a strong jaw line, a round-ish face, and his eyes. I couldn't break eye contact. They were dark, a deep brown, but they were mesmerizing. They matched the color of my own, but his were different. They held an air of mystery, almost daring me to take a step closer. I already knew this wouldn't be the last time I saw him. I felt it in my gut.

A loud, piercing bell rang, breaking the eye contact between us. I looked up at the huge clock that hung on the front of our high school, noting the fact that I had 5 minutes to get to class. But when I looked back to where the boy was sitting, he was gone. All that remained was a single red envelope, one he must have carelessly dropped as he scurried into the building.