Chapter Two

"So you want to come over after school?" Turns out Jules and I have every class except for fifth period which is my studyhall/ tutoring period.

"I would, but I have to pick up my siblings at after school care." I sadly smiled at her.

"Get your parents to do it." She pleaded, little does she know, I don't have any parents. Maybe my sweet neighbor will pick them up....

"They..um...can't. Let me make a quick call." I quickly started dialing.

"Hey, Ms. B. Could you possible go pick Max and Emma up at after school care? I won't be home till later..." I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. "Of course. I will head out right now. See you when you get home." She laughed and hung up.

"Alright, Jules. We can hang out." I grabbed my bookbag. "Let me tell my dad that we will be at home. Wanna meet my dad?" She smirked and took off towards the football field.

"Where we go---"

"Yo! Brooklynn, catch!" Smash yelled and threw the football at me.

"Dude!" Jules yelled. To the surprise of the entire team and coaches, I miraculously caught it. "Brooklynn, you actually caught it," Jules whispered as her dad walked towards us.

"Be cool. They are all watching us now," I grumbled and tossed it to a coach close to us. Even the toss was a perfect spiral. "Dang, B. You good," Smash jogged over to me while Jules and Coach Taylor were talking.

"Been know to dabble a bit in football," I grinned at him as five other players walked up. "You should play in the powderpuff game in a few weeks then." Coach Taylor commented and patted Jules' shoulder.

"No sir. I am not into school sports. Thank you though," I looked at my feet. "We need to go, Brooklynn. We have a ton of homework." Jules said and stared at a dude in the QB jersey.

"Alright. Bye Smash, Coach Taylor, rest of team," I waved and followed Jules to the parking lot.

"My dad seems to like you. Better than Tara actually," Jules stated once we arrived at their house. "I suppose so. Probably because I can catch a football," I cackled and sat at their kitchen table.

"I doubt it. He normal doesn't like people." Jules handed me a bottle of coke.

"I guess we should get this homework done with." I pulled my textbook out.

------------------------------------------------

"Julie, I am home!" Coach Taylor shouted as I put my bookbag on and started to leave. "OH. Julie's friend. Hi. Staying for dinner?" Coach Taylor rounded the corner into the kitchen with a football player dragging behind him.

"No sir. I need to get home to by brother and sister." I smiled and waved to Jules. "You sure? You are welcome to stay." He made eye contact with me, "Yeah. I am sure. Thank you though." I nodded and walked out to leave.

I can't believe my luck. It is freaking pouring rain and my truck won't start. Coach Taylor might give me a ride or help jump start the truck.

"Brooke, are you okay?" Jules poked her head out the front door. "Um. My truck won't start. Could your dad give me a ride?" I cringed, I hate having to ask people for help.

"Of course! Come in before you get sick," she waved me back over to the house.

"Dad! Brooke's truck won't start, can you drive her home?" Jules yelled once she shut the door. "I can," the football player glanced at Coach Taylor for permission.

"Yeah. Thanks, Riggins. Drive carefully, and do NOT be late for practice again," Coach Taylor waved us a good bye and continued to watch the football video.

*************************************************************************

Sorry for it being so short. I will try to update a longer one next time.

-Brooke