Chapter Fourteen

This is boring. I'm sorry. It will be better next chapter. This is just a filler type chapter. That Gif tho. He is so hot. Damn boy. BTW, I am going to send Taylor Kitsch a fan letter. :D Because I love him. 

Please vote and comment!!!!!!!!

-Brooke

------------------------------------

"Ms. Hughes? Wake up please. Max has to go to therapy." I jolted awake and ended up laying flat on my back on the floor. Laughter echoed above me as the male nurse hovered over me. He as trying to not crack a smile.

Max was laughing his freaking head off.

The nurse gratbbed my arm and hauled me to my feet, I grumbled, "Ha Ha Ha. Real funny." The man faced away from me, but I could see his shoulders shaking from chuckling.

"Bye, Sissy!" Max waved as his bed was wheeled out of the room. I glanced at my phone to see that I had about twenty minutes to go pick up Emma.

I grabbed my bag and rushed down the hall towards the exit. I haven't been out of this place in almost two and a half days? It has felt like a lifetime.

I bounced to the truck as the fresh air filled my lungs. Backing out of the parking spot, I headed towards the school.

It only takes about three minutes to get to the school from the hospital, so that is fortunate. I pulled up to the visitor parking area. Since I am ten minutes early, might as well wait on her in the lobby.

I walked in and plopped down on one of the benches. After checking Twitter, the finally bell rung and a bunch kids ran around the corner.

I stood up looking for the little blonde headed girl, "Sissy!" Grinning, I stood up and caught the bouncing Emma.

"Hey, little one. How are you doing today?" I placed her back on the ground before grabbing her hand. She skipped along beside me on the way to the truck, "I made a friend. Her name is Molly. We both like girl scouts cookies."

I chuckled lightly as I lifted her into the back seat (If I said they were in car seats earlier, they aren't now). I buckled her in and softly shut the door. I don't want to slam her fingers in the door on accident.

"Can we go see Tim? He came by at lunch time, and said we could come over for supper tonight." Emma said and my eyes widened.

I glanced at her through the rear-view mirror, "why did he come to school?" We should not go to his house. No no no. I will make a fool of myself.

Emma started clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth, "Tim said to come by and find out. He told me he would give me and Max a ride around town if I didn't tell."

I rolled my eyes. something is up. I narrowed my eyes. "He also said that I could play with the neighbor's son. Tim said you two needed to talk. I think he said something about a board game." Emma spoke up again and yawned.

I pulled over infront of the high school to catch Jules walking with Matt. I rolled up next to them and rolled the window down.

"Hey Jules, real quick, can I have my homework, and the address to Tim's house?" I grimanced as Matt and her shared a knowing glance.

Jules pulled a large binder out of her book bag and handed it through the window. "There you go. They said when ever you can to bring it back. I will text his address." Jules wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"We had morning practice, so he should be home." Matt added with a smirk.

"You guys are funny. Hopefully, I will be able to come back to school in a few days. See y'all later." I waved and pulled away from the giggling couple.

What can it hurt to stop by? He can't do anything with Em there. Just going to be there for thirty minutes, then we can leave.

I glanced at the address that Jules sent to me, and I plugged it into my phone's GPS. As soon as I pulled onto the main street, my phone started ringing.

Brooke- Hello?

Hospital= Hi, this is Marla from the Children's wing at the hospital. I was wanting to let you know that Max will be finished with his therapy in about an hour, but he will be super tired tonight. He should be able to come home tomorrow. Thankful his cancer was in the small part in the beginning. We caught it right in time. Once a week, he will need to come in for about four hours on Monday.

Brooke- Oh okay. Awesome. I will be back later tonight, I have to deal with some things before I come back. Thank you for help him.

Marla- No problem, honey. See you later

After hanging up, a smile bloomed on my face as I breathed out in relief. I repeated everything to Emma as we pulled into Tim's drive way. She squealled as I put the truck in park. "Max is finally coming home!! YAY!" She screamed once I got to her side of the truck.

She jumped into my arms and slid down. I laughed as she ran around me in excitement. She has a ton of energy, it wears me out.

"Football you showed up. Sup Em." Tim was leaning on the door frame smirking at me. I gulped a little. Why can't he be ugly?