Chapter 16

A/N:
Sorry for updating a bit late. There's been a blackout in my area for almost the whole day and also I got a little bit discourage. However, it's all behind now since I managed to get my confidence back after watching two of Nicholas Sparks' movies - The Best Of Me and The Longest Ride. Totally worth my time. So, I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll be updating soon.

Love,
DNA. 😘

*****

My head was seriously hurting!

The pounding on the door woke me up immediately from my deep slumber. Paolo was still sleeping soundly with his arms wrapped around my body, not to mention his pervert of a hand made a stop on my goodies. Slowly, I crept away from his hold trying not to wake him up. The pounding was getting louder and louder each second and thankfully, Paolo slept like a dead corpse.

I wonder how he gets up to work in the morning.

Anyway, I cheered and made a victory dance in my head when I had successfully removed myself from his death grip. Instead of cuddling with a human body, he settled in with a bolster now cuddling his body against it like it was a woman's body. I chuckled softly looking at how cute the man looked in his sleep despite of his manly features when his eyes were wide open.

Getting annoyed by each seconds, I swung the door wide opened and gave the person my utmost deathly glare. "What?!"

A gasp escape from the person's mouth... wait... Two actually?

There, standing on my doorstep were the Amaro twins looking almighty in their pinstriped suits. Both of them wore a shocked face staring down at my body. "Since when did you sleep in your undergarments?" Xander asked, raising one of his eyebrows.

Oh crap!

I totally forgot that the night before Paolo had stripped me down into just my undergarments with him on my bed in his freaking boxer! My eyes widened when the realisation hit me like a truck. If Zack and Xander were to see Paolo in my apartment, let alone in a boxer and on my bed, they would totally throw a huge fit and it would not be impossible if an MMA fight was to happen in my apartment today.

"W-what are you guys doing here?" I stuttered, nervously looking at both of the curious man. "Shouldn't the both of you be in Zurich right now?"

Zack chuckled, "We took the first flight home straight away after the meeting ended."

"What? You should stay in Zurich for a few days and get to know the culture there." I said trying the hardest I could to hide my nervousness.

Xander narrowed his eyes. "We haven't heard from you since that night. It's unsettling for us. Zurich can wait."

As I was trying to find the words to retort back, Xander pushed himself in trying to pry my hands from gripping the door tightly. I enforced my hands to put more force on my grip to prevent them from entering the apartment. Zack stood silently just a few steps outside my door, leaning his solid body onto the wall while watching Xander and I bemusedly.

"Is something wrong that you are not letting us in, Quinny? " Xander asked dangerously while his face changed to a hard expression.

I cleared my throat uneasily. Is it just me or is it the temperature in my apartment is getting hotter and hotter by each second? It's you, my conscience whispered. Before I realised, Xander's warm hands were on my bare waist with him rubbing the area softly. I tried to move away from his touches quickly but unfortunately he pulled me back before I could even move an inch.