Chapter 19

Bruise here, bruise there, bruises were everywhere!

I grimaced and hissed as I touched each spot visible to my eyes while staring at myself in the full view mirror. Paolo who stood by the window, tying his purple necktie laughed as he heard and watched me hissed and groaned aggravatingly non-stop.

I sneered, "What are you laughing at? This is all your fault!"

He shrugged as he finished tying the last knot before making his way behind me. He too, stared into the mirror with a proud smirk and prideful look on his face as he examined the bruises.

"Now, now. I'm not the one who started the moves of seduction last night." He winked playfully, planting a few kisses on the side of my neck. I quickly slapped the side of his cheek when I realised that he started to do it again on that side. His chest rumbled as he laughed, "That's what you get for being a naughty little vixen."

Make-ups were laying all over the dresser as I tried on all of them just to hide the bruises from last night's hickeys. Thanks to Paolo, there were probably about hundreds of purplish-red marks on my body right now which I only managed to cover the ones on my neck.

"Thanks to you, I had to call in for a half day off. Harold was getting suspicious when I refused to tell him why." I cried out loud.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." He apologised and turned my body to facing him. "But what do you expect? I'm a man, and a man couldn't handle it when the woman he loves tempted him. I only did these and you know I won't touch you until our wedding night."

I glared at him, still. He quickly made a pouty face and snuggled his forehead under my chin as he sniffed in my strawberry-scented shampoo that I used earlier. "Fine! You're forgiven, for now. Now go, you're running late. I have to get the menu for our client's dinner party ready."

Paolo grinned cheekily and planted a kiss on the right side of my cheek. I chuckled and shook my head at his never ending playful attitude, but I was not planning on telling him that I love that side of him or else it would be a disaster to handle a handful of him.

After hours of covering the bruises on the uncovered part of my body, I quickly went out and drove to the restaurant just in time to discuss the menu with Harold. He had squinted his eyes curiously when I entered the kitchen. He slowly took a few steps close to where I stood and stopped.

He smirked, "My, my. Someone's have been busy last night."

I gasped as Jo's loud chuckles could be heard. Harold was laughing very hard while clutching onto his stomach. Both his and Jo's laughter died down after a few minutes, noticing my cold glare towards the both of them.

"It's not the way your perverted minds think! And how did you know, anyway?"

Harold pointed at Jo who was busy chopping down the onions. "Jo pointed his finger at the place behind his ear then to you. You kind of missed a spot there."

I quickly took out my compact mirror and took a look where he had mentioned it. They were right! There was one bruise there but as far as I remember, this morning the area behind my ears had been free of Paolo's evil hickeys. I gasped suddenly. That sly man! Paolo must've did it when he stood behind me this morning.

I sighed in defeat, "Let's discuss about the menu and enough with that annoying smirk of yours."

Harold shrugged and pulled out two stools from the corner. He sat down on one of them followed by me. As he scanned the notebook in front of him, he slowly rubbed his chin before nodding his head repeatedly.

"We can work this out tonight. Why don't you give Greg a call and invite him for the food tasting." He said.

I sent Harold a glare as I dialed Greg's number. He did that on purpose, sarcastically saying the client's name with a hidden meaning. After one ring, Greg picked up from the other line.