A Lotus Flower (Doflamingo x Reader)

Requested by: Sisiyana

It was a beautiful night in the island of Dressrosa, the moon shined on the wet petals of the flowers in your garden. You wore a long gown that danced on your body with the winds, your (h/c) hair was down and you could feel the warmth of the spring season. You bent down by the side of the pond to oversee your blooming flowers; you had a beautiful garden full of Lotus flowers growing. It made you happy every time you saw them; it always seemed to remind you of the person you loved most, even when you felt that he didn't love you back.

"The master has arrived, lady _______" one of the maids came to the garden to announce.

"Thank you. Do you know where he is at the moment?" You asked.

"Currently he is in a meeting. He requested that you wait for him in the master bedroom."

"Very well."

You had mixed emotions about him. Most of the time he would leave without saying a word and show up expecting you to act as if nothing ever happened. But you couldn't help how your heart would jump every time you knew he was arriving; you knew that you honestly loved him, even if his feelings weren't returned. You reached into the pond and grabbed one of the flowers that was floating alone and stood up to make your way towards the house. You held the flower in between your hands with great care as you walked towards the master bedroom door. You moved the flower over to one hand as you used the other to open the door. You looked towards the window where a manly figure had been standing. The room was dark with only the garden light and the moon shining in but you could tell that he was on the phone, seemed to be important matters- they always seem to be. You quietly made your way in and stood in front of the door that was now shut. You kept your eyesight down the whole time, staring at the flower that was slowly closing in your hand.

"I expect that to be taken care of by tonight." you heard him say, "alright, then." he set the receiver down and put the transponder snail away on top of a high shelf.

"I didn't expect to find you here already." you said casually.

"Why? Did you think I wasn't coming back?" he asked.

"No, I was just told you were in a meeting." Your head was still down.

"Well, meeting canceled, I had better plans." you heard his footsteps as he moved around the room closer to you. "What is that in your hands?" he asked.

"It's from my garden. A lotus flower." You looked up to find him only inches away from you. You could see your reflection on his shades; you had been wearing make-up for the past week while expecting him to arrive any time. He leaned in closer for a kiss.

"Doffy-"you mumbled as you turned away from his kiss, "What do you... think?... Of this flower. I grew it."

"Why should I care for a flower?" he asked.

"Well, I grew it because it has a lot of meaning."

"Are you going to start with your nonsense again?" he sounded mad.

"No, it's not one of those things again-" you began to explain.

"Listen, I come here to relax and to see you. What makes you think I care about that stupid flower?"

"Because it just reminds me of you."

"Fufufufu," he started laughing as he yanked the flower from your hands and held it in his fist, "listen, I don't have time for this stupidity, now give me my hello kiss." he leaned in again. You forced yourself to shut up and kiss him back, even though you were mad it all seemed to go away the moment your lips touch. Your heart began to beat faster and you could feel the love for him all coming back at once. You questioned why you loved him so much but maybe it was the fact that he only showed his true self to you once. It may have been long ago but you will never forget his kindness, he took you into his home, fed you, clothed you and made you feel like a member of his pirate family. It was more than you could've asked for, and even though the world seemed to bring out the worst in him- you always hoped that he would show that kind side of him again.