Chapter 23: Death By Fun House

THIS SONG COMPLETELY RELATES TO THE BOOK...especially the Carnival noises at the end... :)

~Just a little more come on and satisfy my. Just a little more come on and terrify me. ~I'm creeping my way out so you can see me. ~I'm crawling my way around a thousand cities. ~I feel like I fell from a ten story building.~Take my life and then It'll be...okAYYYYY!!

**************************************************************************************************

After what seemed like years of wondering around the Carnival, I gave up my search for Marcy.

Why did David tell me those things? Does he know about the hooded man? Is the hooded man here? All I know is I think I should follow what David told me, and try not to freak out.

My feet stopped at a little ice-cream stand. It’s a white trailer with a poster of all the ice-cream flavors they have. Even though it’s getting pretty cold out here, I have an intense craving for lots of sugar. I walked up to the stand, took my money out of the butt of my jeans, and casually looked behind me.

Good, no creepy clowns.

I turned and smiled at the cute ice-cream guy. I found myself stepping I in front of the ice-cream poster.

He tapped the counter, and leaned forward in a flirty manner. “What can I get you?”

I searched through the menu with a hand on my chin. I kind of want Watermelon ice…but a chip which would also help my chocolate craving. “One vanilla—“I stopped when I noticed nobody actually in the trailer. I held jumped up to the ledge, and poked my head in the tall window, “hello?”

The trailer door opened, and the guy came back into the trailer. He fixed the apron around his waist, “Sorry, I had to uh…throw something out.”

I frowned, as the guy fixed the hat on his head, “No problem.”

Ice-cream guy leaned on the counter once again, “So…what can I get you?” he repeated in a quiet, but husky voice.

I blushed realizing how handsome he is up close. He has shaggy light brown hair, and brown eyes. I blushed even more when his huge brown eyes reminded me of David’s. “I’ll have a vanilla and chocolate twist with rainbow sprinkles, hot fudge, m & m’s, Oreo crunches, gummy bears, gummy worms, those chocolate chips with the little round sprinkles, and whipped cream.”

He pressed a million buttons, and kicked the machine when it wouldn’t work. His hands found the ice-cream lever, which instantly made the ice-cream come out. He turned to give me a nervous laugh, “I’m new,” he explained, and filled the bowl with the sugary goodness. After a few minutes he put the huge sundae on top of the counter, “That will be…” It seemed he was counting in his head. “...six dollars and twenty five cents.”

I handed him the money, eying him suspecially. "Thanks."

 The boy then winked with his right eye, which flashed to green as it re-opened. “My pleasure.”

My mouth dropped as well as my sundae.

"I'll tell ya," the icecream boy said, flexing his muscles and making a disgusted look at them. He clucked his tongue and said, “This kid is weak. I wish I knew that before I killed him and took his image, you know?”

My hands loosened, until I dropped the sundae, “Oh no...

His brown eyes lingered to mine like fire as Death purred out, "Oh yes."

“Leave me alone. I mean it!" I said, pointing to him and backing up.

He grinned like a cat, and in an instant disappeared. My breathing hitched. I turned to run, to of course smash into a wall.