CHAPTER EIGHT- TRIWIZARDRY

After everyone had eaten their fill, the group trooped upstairs and entered the final set of memories
that Harry had to show them.
'This year, Hogwarts will not only be your house this year but home to some very special guests as well' Dumbledore announced
'Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Triwizard Tournament!'
'Please welcome the lovely ladies of Beauxbatons (?) Academy of Magic!'
'The lads of Durmstrang Institute!'
..................
' The Durmstrang champion is Vicktor Krum!'
'The Beauxbatons champion is Fleur Delacour!'
'And finally the Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!'
Dumbledore was shocked when the fire in the goblet glowed red again.
He took the paper and read,'Harry Potter'
'No... Tell me you didn't have to go through that!' Lily begged, tears streaming down her face.
'I did...' Harry told his mum and they hugged. (A/N lamest sentence ever😹)
Once Harry had made it back to the dormitory, Ron was giving him odd looks and eventually asked, 'How did you get your name in the Goblet?'
'I didn't do it! I don't want eternal glory or any money or anything!' Harry protested
'Piss off' Ron mutters
'Ronald Weasley! How could you not believe him! He's your best friend!' Molly yelled at her youngest son
'Ron told me that Seamus told him that Parvarti told Lavender to tell you that Hagrid is looking for you' Hermione relayed to Harry
'Why?' He asked, curious
'I don't know' Hermione then walked off , leaving Harry to ponder this
...............
'DRAGONS?!' Harry yelled in surprise
'Keep your voice down!' Hagrid whispered urgently
'Do they are making us fight a bloody dragon?!' Harry said a little quieter
'No I think you have to take an egg that they put there' Hagrid answered
.................
Harry ducked behind a rock to avoid a burst of fire from the Horntail.
'Oh!' Lily gasped and gripped James' arm so tightly she probably cut of the circulation off.
'Accio Firebolt!' Harry cried and his broomstick came flying towards him at tremendous speed. He quickly mounted and diverted the dragons attention before grabbing the golden egg and flew towards the tent to get his shoulder fixed.
....................
'Harry I'm sorry I've been acting stupidly lately' Ron apologised
Harry accepted his apology and they began to talk again as if nothing had come between them.
................,..
As soon as Cedric had told Harry to put the egg in water to hear what it said, Harry hurried off the the prefects bathroom and muttered the password Cedric had told him.
Then he filled the bath and slipped into it.
Harry opened the egg and sunk into the water to listened to it.
'Come seek us where our voices sound we cannot speak above the ground. An hour long you'll have to recover what we took. But then too late it's gone' (A/N I know its not the exact wording)
................
Harry swallowed the Gillyweed Neville had given him and dived into the lake where he proceeded to grow Finns and gills.
He swam to a small square at the bottom of the lake and untied his hostage (Ron) but he noticed that after Viktor and Cedric had taken theirs, Fleur never came for the small girl that was her hostage. So Harry untied her and dragged both Ron and the little girl to the surface.
'Aww Harry your so kind!' Lily said and kissed Harry's cheek.
.....................
As Harry walked back into the common room, he noticed a fiery ball of red run towards him and just as he realised it was Ginny, she kissed him. It was sweet oblivion, better that Firewiskey.
When they pulled apart, Harry looked over at Ron who muttered, ' If you must' and Harry grinned and looked down at Ginny who smiled back as they are walked out of the portrait hole.
'Harry! You can't kiss your best mates sister in front of your best mate!' James cried, laughing
'Thats what I keep telling him!' Ron exclaimed
Harry blushed and played the memories again.
Ludo Bagman showed the champions the maze they were growing on the Quidditch pitch.
James looked as horrified as Harry did in the memory.
'Don't worry you'll get your Quidditch pitch back' Ludo chuckled
................
After the experience of finding Barty Crouch dead, Harry went to find Ginny, Ron and Hermione to tell them everything.
...................
'Oh, Harry I can't believe you have to go through that maze full of God knows what!' Ginny hugged Harry tightly and Hermione started to reel off a list of spells she thought Harry might need.
'Reducto, Comfringo, Protego, Expecto Patronum.....'
'Hermione do you really think there will be dementors?' Harry asked
'Well maybe not...' Hermione picked up her bag and hurried off to the library.
................
'Riddiculus!' Harry banished the boggart-dementor and continues through the maze.
At the end Harry insisted that he and Cedric take the cup together.
Harry squeezed his eyes closed so he didn't relive it again. Ginny took his hand.
The graveyard was empty until Harry realised that they were in the place Voldemort's dad was buried.
'Cedric! Cedric get out! Take the cup and go!' Harry yelled
'Why?' Cedric asked
'Kill the spear' a hoarse voice called out
'Avanda Kedavra' Peter Pettigrew hissed the killing curse and Cedric fell lifelessly to the ground and Harry screamed 'No!'
Lily hugged her son as he cried at rewatching the death of Cedric and soon everyone was huddled in a group hug. Arthur, Molly, Remus, Tonks, George, Fred, Hermione and Ron.
'Bone of the father, forcefully taken.' Pettigrew summoned the bone of Voldemort's father ' flesh of the servant, willing sacrificed' Peter cut off his own hand and added it to the potion 'Blood of the enemy, forcefully taken' Peter walked over and cut Harry's arm, dropping the blood into the potion before adding the final thing, a strange baby-like creature that dropped into the cauldron and began to froth and bubble until the shadowy figure of Lord Voldemort rose from the cauldron.
No one wanted to see what Volde did next so they skipped ahead to the end.
Harry reappeared holding the Triwizard cup and Cedric's dead body.
Mad-eye Moody took a distraught Harry Potter back up towards the castle and to his office where he changed back into his real form. Barty Crouch Jr.
Dumbledore, Snape and Minerva walked in and Dumbledore told Snape to get Vetraserum and Mivevra to tell the black dog in his office that he would be with him shortly.
...............
Once they had questioned Barty they sent Harry to the Hospital wing to get patched up.
Harry walked in and was immediately hugged tightly by Ginny and Hermione at the same time.
'Hey give the guy some space, he's had enough near death experiences!' Ron chuckled
Fast forward to the Hogwarts express
'Fred, George I want you to have this bag'
'Why Harry ?' Fred asked
'This bag is really heavy...'
'As if it's full of....'
'Money'
'It's my Triwizard winnings I don't need or want them and I want you to start your own joke shop' Harry explained
'That's a lot of money Harry.....'
'Yeah are you sure....'
'Yes' Harry said sternly
'Thank you!' Fred and George leaped at him and hugged him tightly.
................
'Gosh Harry! You've had some four years at Hogwarts!' James said
'Yeah well, that's just the first four! Imagine what could happen in the next three!'
Everyone laughed and went up to bed with light hearts.