Chapter Nine-Back to normal II

*I am back with an awesome chapter!

Hope you guys like it!*

News travelled quickly that was true but Niall never expected that it was going to travel as fast as it had.

He hadn’t even been aware of the news until two days after the ball. Zayn had heard from his father and he had conveyed it to Isabella who was still confused on how it had come to be. She had never imagined that Niall would forget Elizabeth so quickly. She hoped desperately that she was wrong.

The day after the ball had passed as usual for Niall. He worked, helped his father and visited the peasants in his area. Elizabeth entered rarely into his thoughts not that he had forgotten about her. It was more like he had too much in his mind. It was only when he was about to sleep that she came to his mind. He cursed himself and decided to visit her on the morrow. But sadly that morrow never came.

It happened that the next day when he woke, he was summoned to his father.

“What is the matter father?” he asked curiously.

His father looked grave. “I have some news.”

“What?” Niall was worried that something was wrong with the peasants or maybe the produce was not enough for the year.

“It’s the Viscounts’ family. They seem eager to fix an alliance. I was wondering if you were interested in meeting her.”

“I-“Niall started.

“Before you make you decision, you should know that Earl Payne is looking to fix an alliance with the Marchioness.”

Niall was taken aback. “Not Liam.”

“Oh probably not Liam but his father just wants him to be happy.”

“I met Jane but I am not interested.” He said firmly.

His father smiled. “I knew that would be your answer but it seems someone has spread the news that you are looking for a courtship. If you suddenly deny it, it would cause restlessness between our subjects. I suggest that you meet her but do not take it further than that. Become a friend, it is not that bad.”

“This news.” Niall said slowly. “It has spread everywhere?”

“Yes.” Said his father. Then added. “I wouldn’t be surprised if it has spread to the Marchioness.”

“Perfect.” Niall groaned. He had to meet her and explain. In the short time he had met her, Elizabeth had seemed shy and sensitive. If she heard this, he might lose her and he didn’t want to do that. She was intriguing and it would be a shame if he didn’t get the chance to unravel her.

“Niall I need your decision.” His father broke through his thoughts.

“I will meet her on the morrow.” Niall said resigned.

“Alright.” His father said. “You are dismissed.”

Niall nodded and went out. He made a quick decision. He had to meet Liam.

Liam had been resigned to spend the day alone so it was a pleasant surprise for him when Niall arrived.

“Niall.” Liam smiled.

“Liam, how are you?” Niall asked happily. Liam was still his best friend.

“I am quite alright just working as usual.”

“You work too much.” Niall complained.

“So you say.” Liam retorted playfully.

Niall laughed before he became serious. “I was wondering if—“