Part 3 - The Cave

Days passed. Turtle was just absent as always, if not more. And he lost the talisman, the one thing that other dragons may want from him. Dew darted through the ice cold water eyeing passing SeaWings suspiciously. He had been alert ever since his conversation with Turtle. Soon though he decided to check the air for any dragons.

               "Maybe I'll find the thief up here,"  Dew thought as he emerged from the water. Dew beat his wings to keep him floating. At the age of three even he was surprised that he could fly being part SeaWing and RainWing; both were not the best at flying. Dew stared into the distance," where are you thief." Something darted out of the corner of his eye.  "A SeaWing by the looks of him," Dew thought with surety. A SeaWing indeed, with pale blue scales and he seemed to be holding a satchel. "This must be the guy" Dew thought. "Just near the cove," he thought. The SeaWing entered a cave protruding out of the cliff in the distance.

               Rocks lined the sandy beach. Above, a massive cliff towered over the waters. Dew beat his wings and carried himself to the beach. Thud, Dew walked to the mouth of the pitch dark cave. The entrance was narrow as he now saw, "barely enough to fit a MudWing,"  Dew thought as he squeezed through the narrow entrance way. The ability to see in the dark comes in handy when you're a SeaWing, Dew stared down the cave. It appeared have widened after the thin entrance way. Scrape... Scrape... He shivered. Who's there," he Questioned. No answer. Silence echoed throughout the cave. He Started down the rocky path.

               Growl, Dew stepped back, then he heard it. A fire blast flew through the cave, he sidestepped just in time however he still felt the heat burn against his scales. A SeaWing that can breathe fire? Dew camouflaged his scales. Creeping along the wall deeper and deeper into the cave he breathed hard. The cave took a right turn. It then emptied into a giant cavern covered in golden light. Torches lined the walls, several tunnels led out of the cavern and into other rooms. Apparently the dragon that had shot the fireball had moved because Dew couldn't find him in the central cavern. Dew stepped into the open area. Splash! Dew looked down into a puddle. Adjusting his scales to match the water. A dragon came out of a tunnel to the right. Apparently this dragon knew his cave well because he went straight to Dew's puddle. He was a SkyWing, Dew pressed against the wall close to him. The dragon looked around.

               "Nothing," he mumbled than hurried off to the cave he came from.

               Dew let out an exasperated sigh, his chest rose out taking in the air. "Maybe this guy wasn't the guy I was looking for," Dew thought. He stepped out of the puddle.

              The air smelled fresh out of the cave. Dew inhaled. The ocean Felt welcoming and he dived into it. "Back home," Dew thought as he swam to the Summer palace. SeaWings stared at a three-year old dragonet coming back to the palace. To Dew's surprise he found Octi and Flurry waiting for his arrival.

               "Hi" Dew said out of breath.

               "Where have you been? We've been looking for you for like, an hour now." Octi said now happy that he had finally found his friend.

               "Well, I've got lots to tell but so little time, come on!"

               A/N So sorry that chapter came a day late. I was busy (and sick) and I didn't finish however I tried to make up by making a 600 word chapter. As always I hoped you enjoyed I update on Thursdays and until next time, goodbye!