Part 5 - Back in the Cave

Dew awoke with a start. "Today we will find the thief,"  Dew thought as he sat up. He got off of his sponge bed, grabbed some fish and headed out the door. Octi, Oral and Flurry were waiting for him when he came out the door.

               "Where to captain?" Oral asked in a sarcastic way.

               "I don't know I guess we just, look," Dew replied. The four dragonets set off trying to find some sort of sign of the thief. As dew flew above the water he saw a dragons eyes peering at him from the cave he had entered the day before. He adjusted his wings and turned his head to make the dragon think he had not noticed him. Dew started flying towards the other dragonets. He plunged headfirst into the water and looked around, "there's Octi," Dew thought and started off in that direction. Octi noticed Dew and started swimming to him.

               "I think I found the thief," Dew flashed in aquatic.

               "Alright, I can get the others," Octi replied.

               "Alright I'll meet you at the beach," Dew said. Then they both swam off in different directions. Dew broke out of the surface of the water and started off to the beach. After a while three dragonets came bounding to the beach.

               "Alright where is he?" Questioned Flurry.

               "In that cave I think," Dew motioned to the cave he had seen the dragon in.

               "Alright then, what're we waiting for?" Flurry said and started sprinting to the cave. The three other dragonets followed with enthusiasm of an adventure awaiting them. Upon reaching the cave Flurry called out, "Definitely looks like it could be a hideout." Dew crawled in first lighted his scales with a shade of yellow to make the clearest light he could produce, (he is using Aquatic but being part RainWing he can change the color of not only his scales but also his Aquatic colors.) Three dragonets followed Dew into the cave. Drip, drip the slow patter of water dripping into a puddle was somewhat calming to Dew however His heart beat fast. He kept on walking down further into the cave. They had reached the big central cavern again and Dew peered around trying to spot signs of a dragon.

               "We best just split up into the different tunnels and see who finds him," Dew said and started off to a tunnel on the left. This tunnel had no light so Dew did not disable his glow, soon though he came to a small room that was currently empty. Dew turned around and started out of it. He had not gone far before he heard the scream of a dragon. Dew's heart raced, he started into a run, he reached the central cave stopped, he did not know which passage the scream came from. Octi bounded out from a cave next to Dew's, "who did that?" he questioned.

               "I don't know," Dew replied as Flurry bounded out of a cave across from them and started into the one next to his.

               "This way!" He called while running down the hall. Dew and Octi looked at each other, nodded and followed Flurry. This tunnel was wider and smoother making it easy to run in unlike the other passages, Dew looked around at the passage, like the rest there were no torches making the only light coming from Dew's scales. A blaze of fire fifty feet away made Dew sure he should turn off his light, they were plunged into darkness. In the short time that the blaze was there they saw that a SkyWing was at the end of the hall, a full grown SkyWing in fact he might even be getting old. Dew slowed his pace and acted more quietly, he didn't want to be found. Camouflaging his scales to match the wall he crept along slowly.

                The passage emptied out into a decently sized room however like the rest of the cave, it had no torches. Dew stared at the unconscious body of Oral lying on the floor, Octi had caught up to Flurry and were both confronting the SkyWing. The SkyWing stared intimidatingly. Dew camouflaged his scales and moved next to his companions.

               "Well what do we have here, the son of Turtle? Your father will pay for what he has done to me!" The SkyWing shouted. "Are you ready to die?"