Part 4 - In the Deep

Dew, Octi and Flurry paddled side by side.

               "What did you want to tell us?" Flurry asked while darting ahead.

               "Well, I'll tell you once we get to Oral's house," Dew replied Trying to catch up to Flurry.

               "Alright, his house is somewhere over here," Octi said and dove deeper passed the summer palace.

               The rest of the trip was silent. Seaweed brushed past their scales. After a while they decided to rest."I wonder if they could help me catch the thief, probably,"  Dew thought. He beckoned them to come on and they shot off into the deep ocean. Water bounded against Dew's snout "why would they want to live so far down," Dew thought as he swam downwards.

               "You know I've never been down here before" Dew said as a squid swam past them.

               "I'm really the only one who's been to there house before, so that explains it." Octi replied.

               Exhausted they sat down on the sand outside of a cave. Silence. The current of the waves comforted them as they slowly drifted off to sleep one by one. The trip down must have taken at least 3 hours, and for dragonets, that's a long time. Flurry, being the most hyper woke up first. When he finally got his bearings he woke up the other dragonets.

               "Guys wake up, it's getting dark," He said as the sun slowly drooped behind Pyrrhia. Dew's eyes slowly opened. "Uh oh, what time is it," Dew thought frantically. After the dragonets recovery they started off to Oral's house. Flurry spotted it first.

               "Over there!" Flurry Shouted and darted towards a small cave. Inside they were not greeted by Oral but by Delta, his mother.

               "You should not have troubled yourselves by coming all they way down here," she scolded but she still welcomed them inside. The cave had three rooms, one for Oral, one for eating in and one for his parents. Although it was small it was quite comfortable. Oral was in his room. They walked across the cave and into Oral's room. His room was significantly smaller for there was barely enough room to fit in  the four dragonets.

               "Alright, what was so important that you couldn't tell us there," Octi demanded. Dew grinned at his attitude.

               "Where to start, okay so I found a crab and I ate it," Dew replied.

               "What! That's all," Octi said quite angrily.

                "Just kidding," Dew said before he started laughing, no one else seemed amused.

               Dew explained the entire story to the three listening dragonets. Octi, Dew's best friend believed it straight away, Oral and Flurry however needed some convincing.

               "Do you honestly think I would come all the way here to tell a fake story!" Dew said hotly. Oral and flurry jumped back, surprised that their friend had a bad side. Dew's scales turned red.

               "Sorry," Oral and Flurry muttered downcast. Dew scales shifted from red to pink, then back to blue. Embarrassed his head fell a little.

               "So why did you tell us this," Oral said in a loud whisper.

               "Simple, I want your help," Dew replied sympathetically.

               "Alright but tomorrow," Oral said yawning. No one disagreed.

               "We should probably get back home," Octi said, with that Flurry, Octi and Dew left with saying merely goodbyes. The three hurried to the central cave where Delta greeted them, "well I hope I see you soon," Delta said. The three nodded there heads and exited the cave. Dew was not looking forward to going up.

A/N Well that was boring... Next chapter will be better, I'm planing to do two more chapters for this is a short story. However if you want more Wings of Fire than you can check out my other book "Before Clay" anyways I hope you enjoyed (although that's improbable) and I post on Thursdays, as always see next time! :)